No announcement yet.

3.17 changelist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt you'll find anyone willing to advise you to commit piracy on here, considering that that's verboten and a banning offense. So yeah, go buy a new copy of the game.

Comment

who is asking for piracy? i own & have civ 4 installed & all 3 exp, they play fine. soget of your high horse. i have owned every civ game & expansion since it 1st came out, & will continue to support the series by buying every release they come out with.
      all i was asking is if there is a way for me to install the patch. seeing as how ive reinstalled the original .exe and have gone bk to playing with the cd it shouldnt be a prob. but is. the only diff between my install & the original is the 'unoficial patches' ive downloaded here(wich was terrific work bty)
      ty for being so helpful

Comment

what i really dont get is why it wont let me reinstall swords. i have never altered or used any unofficial patch on vanilla civ4, yet that is what it wants me to reinstall.
        & wodan, if i decide i really need that patch bad enough & cant find a workaround then i will buy civ4 again, just have an issue spending anymore as i got the collectors set & have quite a bit of money tied up in this series already. not sure if the patch is worth another $30. when the game plays fine now...
        Last edited by mike2h; July 14, 2008, 23:33.

Comment

Don't accuse me of being on a high horse. I didn't condemn what you did.

The plain fact is that you used a no-cd crack, and now you're having trouble. All I did was pass on to you the info that it's my understanding that the policies of Poly prohibit discussion of helping you out of your mess.

Comment

Yes, as wodan11 stated, it's against the rules at this site to discuss those issues. Even if it's frustrating in a situation like yours, where everyone can plainly see that you own everything and are not trying to pirate anything. It's a shame the no-cd hack messed you up.

I specifically purchased the expansion on Direct2Drive because no cd is required.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If you do re-purchase it, I strongly suggest buying it Direct2Drive indeed... legal no-cd hack essentially
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

while u guys are 100% correct. u r missing the main popint. i no longet have the nocd hak. the only thing it 'hacks' is the .exe file. i deleted that file & replaced it with original .exe. so it shouldnt be a problem. dont know if im explaining that wrong or what.
                also, the ONLY exe i hacked was the one for sword. yet the sword install wants me to reinstall vanilla civ4.
                anyway, for whatever reason, im not going to get help here. at this point in time i really dont have $30 to buy the install disk to go with the play disk i have.
                maybe in the future if i have $30 to burn & feel the patch is worth that much ill buy it. proly not.
                & ty for direct2 drive suggestion guys.

Comment

How do I know new patch was installed?

Hey Guys, first post for me as a member

I've been running version 3.13 of BtS and just downloaded 3.17 yesterday.

I went through installation and there were no problems at all. When I launch the game and click on advanced, it says my game is still running the last patch (3.13), shouldn't it say my game is 3.17 now?

When I click to see if there are new downloads (still from the advanced menu) it tells me there is a new patch available (3.17). Why would it say this if I've already installed that patch?

I have the retail version (purchased off the shelf at Super Target) and I made sure to download and install the retail patch...what am I doing wrong?

Comment

Welcome Sean!!

Perhaps it didn't actually launch the patch, just the patch downloader? Look in your folder:

c:\documents and settings\(username)\my documents\my games\beyond the sword\patches\

(Or something similar, based on your windows setup.)

There may be a patch located in that folder, execute it and see if it goes through the patching process.

If not, try redownloading it from here:

and see if that patches.

If not, I suggest uninstalling Civ and reinstalling, then patching... at that point, something probably went bad with the installation.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Awesome, I will try this when I get home from work...thanks for getting back to me and I'll let you know how it goes

Comment

• Are you on Vista? It doesn't appear to install automatically so as Snoopy says look in the patch folder and double click.

Comment

• I don't know if this is the best thread to post this, but...

I'd like an option in customizable games that says "No global warming". My heart aches ev'ry time that damnable desert comes inside my hard-ass worked workable tiles.

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrojedi
                            I don't know if this is the best thread to post this, but...

I'd like an option in customizable games that says "No global warming". My heart aches ev'ry time that damnable desert comes inside my hard-ass worked workable tiles.

You're playing BtS 3.17, aren't you. Global warming is much less in that, especially if the woods aren't all chopped.

In my current game, I've detonated about 10 nukes and I know that at least 1 nuke plant has had a blow-up. Haven't seen any global warming yet, though.

See signature for disclaimer (i.e., map details)

Comment

• Yeah, BtS 3.17. It sure is much less punishing than Warlords (I had 4 or 5 turns in a row with deserts popping up once), but that is still a pain.

I preserve some good wood for later chophouses, and I did not do still any forest preserve on non-used tiles, which probably won't help, but that's an experience I have to make with some idle workers some time.

Comment

• Hey, just remembered - is there any chance that we could have an "Inquisition" event? Maybe an action that could be triggered by Missionaires if you have a Theocracy. Of course, the civilizations with the chief religion being purged would be very mad about you.

Oh please, think about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X