Final Patch for Warlords?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Targonis
    In some cases, the work on new expansion packs also results in patches for the vanilla game and previous expansion packs. It's simple really, since if the game engine is improved, AI fixed, etc, many of those elements could be released for previous updates.
    Most of the time though, those changes are only included in the XP itself. I rarely ever see a seperate patch released for the pre-XP game as well.

Comment

Re: Final Patch for Warlords?

Originally posted by BigFree
      Can someone please confirm that there is indeed a final patch due. Thanks.
      This post suggests that you heard about a new patch and you need confirmation!
      Tell us more about your sources and your info
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Re: Re: Final Patch for Warlords?

Originally posted by CyberShy

This post suggests that you heard about a new patch and you need confirmation!
        Tell us more about your sources and your info
        Please see the 6th post in this thread at another site: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Civ4_ISDG...=25&st=0&#last

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

Most of the time though, those changes are only included in the XP itself. I rarely ever see a seperate patch released for the pre-XP game as well.
          I've seen this many times. Esp in RTS'es...
          "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Final Patch for Warlords?

Please see the 6th post in this thread at another site: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Civ4_ISDG...=25&st=0&#last
            Hmmm, how does he get his info?
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

My thought too. Have you asked him BF?
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

No, sorry, I did not ask him. Though, I know he plays with a person that is definately a tester.

Comment

I think we all play with testers...

At least everybody who are in the team DGs.
                  Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

No, sorry, I did not ask him. Though, I know he plays with a person that is definately a tester.
                    You're always going to find people who claim to be testors but are just trying to show off. I'd take the whole comment with a big grain of salt if I were you. Firaxis isn't in the habit of releasing patches just before a new XP arrives, I've never seen them do that. They get the previous game fixed/altered first then they concentrate on the new XP.

Comment

there is a patch on the pirate.....doh !
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Ouch.

Comment

My two cents are that I'd be shocked if another patch to Warlords was released.

It is however likely that BTS will include some minor fixes to Warlords but that will only be when playing BTS and not Warlords.
                          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                          Templar Science Minister
                          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

You're always going to find people who claim to be testors but are just trying to show off. I'd take the whole comment with a big grain of salt if I were you. Firaxis isn't in the habit of releasing patches just before a new XP arrives, I've never seen them do that. They get the previous game fixed/altered first then they concentrate on the new XP.
                            Yes, that is true. I just don't get that type of mentality though. I was a Civ3 beta tester myself; though I really didn't get a chance to do any real testing because of RL. I don't think I mentioned it to anybody until now.

Comment

Working...
                            X