Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winning the game!

Hi

Am playing on noble level as the Germans and it is 1975AD. Looking to win for the first time on Civ 4.

I am about to complete the Apolo Programme, control about 35% of the world and have a tech lead as currently researching composities for the high end military units. Am ahead about 600 points on score but only have the second largest army.

Was trying for a domination victory but a protracted war against the Spainsh left by best cities in dissaray with unhappy people.

Am about to finish mt rushmore ready for any future war.

Problem i have is that of deciding how best to finish the game of.

Thanks for your help

Phil

That late in the game you will have trouble doing any of the victory conditions. About the only sure bet is Space Race. Domination would take too long and you would likely run out of time. How are your relations with the ai's? If you have freindly with most of them then try for diplomatic. Be carefull though to make sure that no one else has a lot of friendly's or you won't get the votes.

Usually if I get much past 1950 and don't see any clear path to win then I won't bother to finish. I played one custom game that I had turned off Space Race and Time. I was able to pull off a cultural victory around 2090 while being atttaced by modern weapons from every single AI! I almost lost that one as a diplomatic loss.

Comment

Working...
    X