No announcement yet.

Documentary: "Yin Eating Cardboard"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem was that the strips rolled up and I couldn't chew them well. Catching in my throat didn't help, as you could see. I could have boiled, blended, beat, sauced up, etc., this stuff, but I figured there needed to be *some* pain involved. I was hoping for less pain, and certainly didn't expect to hurl, but there you go!
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• Civ IV bread

I think some recipes are in order.

1 Civ IV box, cut into small pieces
      5 cups flour
      1 cup water lukewarm water
      1/2 cup milk
      2 TS quick rise yeast
      1 TS butter
      1 TS sugar
      1 ts salt

preheat over to 425F
      put civ box pieces in blender and pulse until completely shredded

meanwhile combine water, milk, yeast, sugar, salt, and butter, stir until butter is melted and let rest

...... etc.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
        Yes, with my 10,000:1 ratio I have only made 2 posts on Civ ever, so I should be a pushover. I'd better start researching recipes. That jam/cardboard roll did not look too appetising.
        Are you trying to take advantage of my ignorance? I've seen one gameplay post, and 10,000 in the picture thread and Forum Games. That leaves another 10,000 unaccounted for. I don't know if I'm that much of a gambler...

Between Solver and Yin who would be the bookie, and who the pitboss? So much negativity and evilness, I'm not sure my mother would let me...
        Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
          Not that I feel the need to justify myself to you, but although I post on matters other than Civ, it is Civ that brought me here, and Civ that keeps me here. Right now I am playing Civ4 a lot. I was 5th on the MP ladder before my Christmas break (still top 25), out of 1000+ players, and am already one of the better SP players. You can check the AU threads where I spent about 3 hours today writing up my most recent game.

I am also very good at (and have posted extensively on) Civ2, SMAC and Civ3, all of which I am confident I own you at in every way.
          That would explain alot. I don't mess with MP much because I don't care for simul turn. I also don't read any hardcore strategy stuff because I find more fulfillment in the game through my own experimentation and discovery. I'm here to line up PBEMs, keep up on happenings in the community, and to hear about more general schools of thought in strategy, what trickles down from the hardcore discussions.

As long as you make no claim to pwn me, I don't see much to take issue with. I'm always looking for a good sequential MP game though, whatever the stakes...
          Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

• The cardboard of my special edition has some kind of plastic all over it. I think the regular box may have that as well. That would make it hardly possible to eat it.

kudos to yin for doing it anyway
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Rommel2D

Are you trying to take advantage of my ignorance?
              Pretty much, yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                The cardboard of my special edition has some kind of plastic all over it. I think the regular box may have that as well. That would make it hardly possible to eat it.

kudos to yin for doing it anyway
                Thanks, Cyber.
                I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• Originally posted by yin26
                  My next bet will be something like: "If ICS isn't fixed, I'll mow the lawn." Everybody will win, and the wife will be happy!
                  Well, not if you have to mow the lawn of every apolytoner around the world... paying yoursef for your travel tickets; of course you can have a glass of lemonade or a bottle of water for free, when you'll mow the public park around my house (I live in a flat): I'm a good man, you know

Yin, indeed for the effort, very bad choice for the recipe! A boiled game box (peeled off from plastic) would have saved unnecessary pain, IMHO.

I already knew we can trust in your words, and with this video you shutted some mouth around the forum.
                  A nice way to end "2005" and start a fresh "2006" year.
                  "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                  - Admiral Naismith

Comment

• That video is hillarious.

I did need to patch quicktime to run it though. (is that ironic?)
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

• While I congratulate Yin on completing the bet, there is a problem:

ACK!
                      Attached Files
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• That's right, one piece that escaped.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• He still ate part of the game box. And a lot of pieces "escaped" at the end of the movie...
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• I think we can let him off on that score.

Comment

• Originally posted by yin26
                              Naw. The little guy saw me eating cardboard (he was hiding in the snow, under the X-mas tree, I think), yelled "LOSER!" -- was just a soft shriek, really, but I felt the emotion -- and ran off.

I figured you went outside so your kids wouldn't see you doing eating it, but now I understand.

It cuts deep, man.
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Yin eats a cardboard box...

Imran can't even be bothered to change his sig...

Comment

Working...
                                X