A little help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help please

I just got CivIV today and am having problems with it. I was wondering if anyone could help me out. My computer isn't the newest but when I checked the system requirements I was ok. I also downloaded the latest patch for the game, but still when I put in the play disk instead of autorunning, the folder is opened to a file 'data3.cab' when I insert the installation cd and click play it tries to load but crashes with a messege that it failed to initialize the renderer. If anyone could help me out with this rpoblem it would be greatly appreciated.

All I can say is I know data3.cab is one of the major packages of the installation. To me, it sounds like your PC is missing the software required to access these data files.

Comment

Which OS?

Comment

I am running Windows XP Home Edition

Comment

Autorun? There should be an icon on your desktop to run Civ 4 after you install it.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: A little help please

Originally posted by Majiq
            I just got CivIV today and am having problems with it. I was wondering if anyone could help me out. My computer isn't the newest but when I checked the system requirements I was ok. I also downloaded the latest patch for the game, but still when I put in the play disk instead of autorunning, the folder is opened to a file 'data3.cab'
            This behavior is caused by the discs being mislabeled. You need to have the "installation" disc in the drive to play the game.

when I insert the installation cd and click play it tries to load but crashes with a messege that it failed to initialize the renderer. If anyone could help me out with this rpoblem it would be greatly appreciated.
            Go to the Civ 4 - Help forum. It has two topped threads that deal with the "failed to initialize the renderer" error.
            "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
            -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
            X