No announcement yet.

perrenial AI winners and losers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was any of this (winners-loosers division) observed by testers/designers? i would be very grateful if any of them could let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleestax
      Ashoka (sp?) and Alexander drive me nuts. Ashoka because he always seems to stay ahead of me in tech (even on lower levels like Warlord). Alexander has to be one of the most war-starting AIs in the game. Anytime his civ starts with a border near mine, I always end up in several wars with him that he starts, even when he is pleased and we have several trades that he will lose by starting a war.

It's gotten to the point that I just immediately wipe-out the greeks anytime I see them near me in a game.
      I've noticed that about Asoka as well. Mansa Musa does very well as well. I can't figure it out. They both have spiritual as their trait. One has organised, the other has financial. I guess I'll have to play them to find out if they are any good.

Comment

In my experience (pre patch) the usual leaders near the top are Elizabeth, Egypt, and Catherine. The usual bottom dwellers are Tokugawa, Genghis Khan, and everyone loves beating the snot out of poor peace lovin Ghandi.

I find that last one surprising because Ghandi is one of my favorite leaders to play in both multi and single player games.
        "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

this is a tough question to answer...

the winners?

ME!

the losers?

all of them

but before I end up crushing the AI, I can't say that I notice a lot of AI's consistently at the bottom of the pack... maybe just Tokugawa... he seems to not form a lot of open borders treaties... and he usually takes a religion different from everyone else.

I've finished about 4 games and I'm about to win a 5th, my first conquest victory... large map, terra, warlord (with edited handicap files so its more difficult), I am India (Gandhi)...
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's possible that some of the leaders have personalities and tendencies that synergize well with the majority of the other AIs. Hence there might be some leaders which naturally tend to have good relations with everyone.

I say this because Mansa doesn't seem to have anything big enough to make him do so well in so many games.

-Drachasor
            "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

well Mansa did very poorly in the first two games I played, but that is because he had the misfortune of starting close to me

this most recent game I am playing he is doing pretty well because he has had more area to build cities... he's the 2nd best AI civ... and because I had such good relations with him because of religion (+8 because of faith alone!!! ), I chose to conquer him last
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Isabella is always getting her ass kicked because she likes to be pissy about other people's civics and religions. She ends up getting into wars with her neighbors all the time.

Peter and Saladin seem to be guys who always manage to whoop ass.

Comment

does ticking off 'randomize ai personalities' randomizes everything about them, including their favorite civic? if so, how do i find out which civic they prefer (short of plunging my state into anarchy over and over until they get pleased)?

Comment

why would you adjust your civics just to make ai civs happy?

okay maybe I should do this. It might explain why I can never form permanent alliances with the AI's. But sometimes they choose stupid civics.

Comment

Mansu, Catherine, Asoka, Hatshepsut and Elizabeth seem to do well. I have had Cyrus dominate too but the in another game he tanked fairly badly so I don't know about him. Tokuwaga is a definite failure of a player and I have observed the same with Ghandi. He seems to end up everyones enemy.

Comment

Working...
                      X