No announcement yet.

Music (especially the main menu)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love the opening song, makes it feel epic.
    Only because you don't understand the lyrics. It's funny how all words become cool and mysterious once you don't recognise them.

unfortunately I find the music from after the middle ages rather crappy just industrial bonks and clonks is what I remember. no rock and roll when I build the jukebox, no metal, not even crappy popmusic. just... noise
    In the other cIV music thread, we praised it. You can change the in-game music.

Comment

I still think the Civ I intro is the best atmospheric tune, absolutely classic.
      It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

I still think the Civ I intro is the best atmospheric tune, absolutely classic.
        Mmh, I didn't like the intro so much. The loading screen music was pure gold, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Raion
          Our Father, forgive me my trespasses!
          They should have had the AI sing this line in Civ 3 just before they crossed your border with their Settler.

Comment

You can hear one of the performers breathing in Bach's Bouree (I think its from Suite #2 in B Minor, but clasic music isn't my strong suit)

Comment

Stanford Talisman

The opening theme and credit music is sung by Talisman, an a cappella group from Stanford. They have some songs available for download and CDs for sale at http://www.stanfordtalisman.com.

Comment

There's A LOT of Civ1 music in this game, actually.

I've noticed that Peter (Russia), Caesar (Rome), Alexander (Greece), Hepshepsut (Egypt), Mao (China), Frederick (Germany), and Gandhi (India) all get adaptations of the original Civ1 music for their civ. Bismarck (Germany) gets the Civ1 "you lost the game" music. I haven't played with Ghengis Khan yet, but I'll bet he gets an adapted version of his Civ1 theme as well.

There are a few other Civ1 themes that seem to pop up here and there, too.

Pretty cool stuff.
                Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by LzPrst
                  music and old civ1 intro. read by spock

unfortunately I find the music from after the middle ages rather crappy just industrial bonks and clonks is what I remember. no rock and roll when I build the jukebox, no metal, not even crappy popmusic. just... noise
                  What can you say? Not everyone appreciates modern classical. I can't say I've met very many people who do.

I do, however. It's a musical style that I actually enjoy, but then I only developed a taste for it from being a musician and playing it. The modern style relies heavily on taking a well developed ear for supposedly "proper" harmonies and turning the whole concept of music needing those "proper" harmonies and "proper" rhythyms on its head. As a musician, I love the stuff because of that dynamic and because of the inherent complexity and difficulty in performing it. But then I've always been big on music that plays around with chord structures.

Definitely an acquired taste, though.
                  Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                  Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                  7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                  X