Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The good, the bad and the ugly - leader personalities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The good, the bad and the ugly - leader personalities?

So, after having played for a week now, do you have any likes and dislikes among AI leaders? Anyone who you normally end up allying with or who you always or almost always go to war against?

I have been playing against mostly European leaders, so far. Found out Elisabeth and Catherine in particular to usually be on good terms with me, even if we have different religions. On the other hand, I almost always end up going to war against Isabella, Alexander and normally Louis XIV.
    The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
    - Frank Herbert

Well - I am pretty much okay with everyone except Louis IX - the guy will be my best friend in the world and then out of the blue declare war on me - the other leaders only want to seem to declare war if we have negative relations, but not Louis - he'd rather he lose all the resources i'm giving him and go about pillage all my cottages lol

Comment

I know! In my last game, that guy invaded me about 5 times, each time pillaging half of my country. Bloody bastard. He is worse than Napoleon.
      The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
      - Frank Herbert

Comment

poor poor elizabeth. i founded a city not far from her borders and cultured an iron resource that she obviously wanted. not much later war were declared by her on me. the war really didnt result in much the first 200 years. later however other nations joined the fray against poor lizzie so I decided that I would give her a break and get her off my back. but she refused a peace treaty. so I asked what she would want for peace?
        rostov, the iron city. I refused and the war raged on. I out-teched her and eventually my forces were hammering york. I didnt have what was necessary to take it so I offered peace again. sure, if I gave up Rostov... so I conquered york and then london and wiped them out.

a 500 year long war against a larger and more technologically developed foe and having several other enemies fighting her as well. Lizzie wouldnt give up unless she got that iron. death or iron.

whatever else you have to say, when the girl makes up her mind, she doesnt budge.
        Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

I've only played 2 games so far. The first was quick and I honestly don't remember it to well.
          But in my current game, Louis XIV and Gandhi are my bestest friends ever, and Cyrus, Montezuma and Tokugawa all loathe me. I've only fought a war with Cyrus, however. Alexander gets way too pissy as well.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Don't worry the old Sun King will declare war on you just when he's good and ready

Comment

In all 3 games I've played(all Tokugawa), Catherine has hated me, and Caesar has loved me. And also in 2 out of 3, Isabella has hated me, and Qin has loved me. Finally, in the two games against Genghis, we've had an uneasy peace that never lead to war because I was superior tech-wise, and he had about 5-10 units stacked in each city.

Comment

I've got a problem with Catherine; I just can't say no to her! I don't mind putting Elizabeth in her place every once in a while but I'm whipped by Catherine.

Comment

I've played a few games and have yet to feel that much of the leaders actually have personalities. Usually it is all a matter of...

1] "We have the same religion. I like you."

--Or--

2] A slow march of, "You didn't give into my demand, you traded with my enemy, you have a different religion, you didn't adopt my favorite civic ... okay, war it is!"

--Or--

Some pale mix of the two. Really. The leaders all seem so two dimensional. Or is it just me who is two dimensional?

Comment

I hate it when the AI civs are annoyed with each other, but at peace, and still demand that you cancel trade deals.
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                    X