Just need to say this about Radeon 7500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just need to say this about Radeon 7500

I've been reading the replies from the moderators regarding Radeon 7500. To paraphrasing: "It's not good enough. It's also not supported. You need a better vidcard"

Let's ignore the fact that the majority of laptops have either this vidcard or an Intel one. Feel free to market to whatever computers you want.

However, the fact is the Civ 4 box itself and the readme file included clearly state Radeon 7500 as a min requirement. 32 MB vidcard at that. And that was the case during pre-order season.

Stating they are no longer supported amounts to a stealth requirement change. I wonder when the little labels on the box will also be stealth modified. ( keep your old boxes)

So, the sad fact is most "black map" sufferers will not see an improvement, since the official position is that the user is at fault, not the software.

Bottonline: I feel somewhat betrayed by this non-ethical corporate approach to loyal fans.

I'm sure Civ 4 is a great game and the marketing people are patting themselves on the back for containing a minor PR situation. Maybe I'll even get to play in a year or so.

And for the record: Battlefield 2 doesn't work on my system. I didn't complain for 2 reasons:
    - I didn't meet the stated system reqs.
    - There was a demo available to confirm my crappiness.

Just had to get this off my chest.

You Might try this:

until a patch (Hope Hope) is released

I had the same problem Black map no bodies for the leaderheads..... I have a Radeon 7500. I downloaded the omega driveres and it still happened.

Good news though I fixed it by turning of the AGP setting in the SmartGart tab.

Now it all works at all setting for high perfomance low quality but the game crawls!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X