Q for those still having the rendering problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q for those still having the rendering problem

checking out if there is a dx9 conflict with other games...

What other games (the more graphical, of course) are installed on the machines having issues?

-- for me
    World of Warcraft
    Rome: Total War
    Caesar (older though - don't expect a conflict here)

World of Warcraft
    EVE Online
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I have no graphical issues with any other games.

Comment

No graphics issues with others games.

Currently on hard drive:
        F.E.A.R.
        Half Life 2
        Doom 3
        Fable
        Fate
        UT2004
        Tribes2
        Tribes
        Tribes:Vengeance
        Civ III

Comment

Originally posted by Tritan
          I have no graphical issues with any other games.
          didn't mean to imply that. My thought (based on some other posts regarding DX) is that there may be a conflict with some "non-standard" function that another game OR Civ IV is trying to access. Since DirectX will NOT update a file if it feels it is unneeded, you are using the other games' version, and not the one Civ IV is looking for - hence the error when you run Civ IV.

so, I'm looking for other games in common - much like the above poster and I playing WoW.

PBN

Comment

Civ 4 is the only game on my machine. I formatted it yesterday so my computer is as clean as it gets, I only have civ4 / drivers / msn messenger on it. nothing else (except windows updates).

Comment

Originally posted by jadelith
              Civ 4 is the only game on my machine. I formatted it yesterday so my computer is as clean as it gets, I only have civ4 / drivers / msn messenger on it. nothing else (except windows updates).
              Welp - so much for that hypothesis

Comment

I believe that the DX9's that are included with other games are the official file itself, released about a year ago from Microsoft themselves. I don't think that any of these games included a minor DX9 that is required. That's why I was surprised when I heard that Civ4 actually in fact DID have it.

Comment

Working...
                X