OT: A slowdown in this forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pg
    i think part of the slow down may be that the list doesn't seem to effect the developers at all. if they posted a few messages i bet people would be more interested. also it's so big and bloated i doubt many people can stand to read it(i know i can't).
    I agree very much!

Soren, if you're there, give us something - features you're considering, info about what's definitely in (and out) - anything!

Comment

It's definately turn-based.

Soren Johnson
      Firaxian

Hi everyone... it's nice to see all the interest in Civ4. We're a long, long way from announcing anything concrete about the game - largely b/c a lot of things might change between now and when we ship (in the distant future). However, I can certainly share one important point just so no one worries unnecessarily. Civ4 will be turn-based, and it will be tile-based.

Not to say they INTEND to actually follow through, but there's an entire string of pages where they talk about crossing genres. And how a lot of the time that was a fiasco...
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

ooo news I didnt know about.

Goes to show ya. Firaxis sits with CivFanatics and not Apolyton. (That's because Firaxis covers more than just Civ, I don't think MarkG and DanQ saw that comin!)

So yes, Apolyton won't be as lively as CivFanatics.
        be free

Comment

The developers do post here.
          Soren's posted a bit.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

But not much, unfortunately.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
            X