X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
    What's the calculation for trade route values? I haven't been paying really close attention, but it seems to be related to distance and the difference in size between the two cities? I've noticed that trade between two cities of similar size seems pretty low value, at least.
    Good question ...
    from my observations distance doesn´t seem to play a big role in the calculation of the trade route value.
    Also I can say that the value of a trade route fluctuates extremly ... my assumption is, that the production values of the city (i.e. beakers, hammers, energy ... maybe culture as well) play a major role with regards to the yield of a trade route (and the value therefore changes, if the trade target city works different tiles)

Leave a comment:

• Koyaanisqatsi
    replied
    What's the calculation for trade route values? I haven't been paying really close attention, but it seems to be related to distance and the difference in size between the two cities? I've noticed that trade between two cities of similar size seems pretty low value, at least.

Leave a comment:

• Kuciwalker
    replied
    Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    That explains why I was scraping for cash late game, I terrascaped the **** out of everything.
    I built terrascapes all over and ended up at ~+1000 gpt at game end. Trade routes trade routes trade routes.

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    What I'd really like on trade routes is a screen like:

Button to renew last trade route
    Buttons for the routes that gives you the most of each resource, regardless of where it goes
    List of all route options
    Definitely. Also, most combined (for you) output should always be listed first.

Leave a comment:

• Koyaanisqatsi
    replied
    What I'd really like on trade routes is a screen like:

Button to renew last trade route
    Buttons for the routes that gives you the most of each resource, regardless of where it goes
    List of all route options

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    Before that though I'm looking at writing a perl script that will copy all of the quest info to our wiki.

Leave a comment:

• regexcellent
    replied
    I'm not sure how to mod the UI, but I think I could add in a lua script that will do that. It already stores the variable for re-establish trade route.

Before that though I'm looking at writing a perl script that will copy all of the quest info to our wiki.

Plus you're basically playing the female Captain John Smith from the Virginia Company of London but in space.

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    Originally posted by Sava View Post
    Yes. In the late game, every goddamn turn I'm dealing with this... re-establishing trade routes

There should be a setting on the trade route screen that allows to you tell a trade route to expire or not when you set it up.
    Or at least a button with "reestablish previous trade route"
    so that you don´t have to search a long list of trade targets for the one that you previously targeted.

I have to say, however, that micromanaging your trade routes (instead of always taking the same one over and over again) seems to be useful (whenthe nnumbr of trade routes and target cities isn´t so large yet, that it gets annoying):

In my current game I observed that the yield of a (land) trade target could vary by a large degree over time ... at one time it would be 7/6 (EN/Sci) then, at the next reestablishing of the trade route it would be just 3/2.

(that said ... maybe it would be useful to have the option to sort the trading targets according to thir Energy and Science yield)

Leave a comment:

• Sava
    replied
    All the trade route micromanagement was getting to me.
    Yes. In the late game, every goddamn turn I'm dealing with this... re-establishing trade routes

There should be a setting on the trade route screen that allows to you tell a trade route to expire or not when you set it up.

Leave a comment:

• Sava
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    Never tried automated Workers
    same

I don't see the point to them. Why not just have an AI play the game for you?

Leave a comment:

• Koyaanisqatsi
    replied
    All the trade route micromanagement was getting to me.

I'm starting to appreciate some of the design decisions they made, though. They've taken serious shots at ICS here, much more than in Civ V, and that helps cut down the end game management overhead. The end game also seems better because there's more tech divergence between cultures. Overall it seems like they traded some short-term player rewards ("my empire is huge" and "I'm four techs ahead") for a more interesting game experience.

Now I just wish it had SMAC's personality. Or a personality period.

Leave a comment:

• self biased
    replied
    People still automate their workers? I haven't automated a wworker since SMAX.

Leave a comment:

• regexcellent
    replied
    That explains why I was scraping for cash late game, I terrascaped the **** out of everything.

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    Terrascapes are pretty good if you have the late game perk that gives them 3 food/3 hammers. But they take 17 ****ing turns to build.
    29 turns if you´re playing Epic.
    And they cost 6 energy per tile in upkeep. Even with a good amount of energy due to trade routes, it can become a major "financial" burden if you have to care for lots of Terrascapes

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    Never tried automated Workers ... there's no way to tell them not to build Terrascapes? That is pretty bad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X