Tips, Tricks, and Simple Strategies for Beyond Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips, Tricks, and Simple Strategies for Beyond Earth

Here's a thread to post all the little tidbits that you've learned that help you build your faction in Beyond Earth. Keep it short and sweet. More in-depth strategies can be posted as longer articles.

Tip: switch to an expensive Tech you want to get soon before opening any Resource Pods. (Expeditions?) Then after opening the Resource Pod you can switch back. (Exception if the Tech you're researching is important to get ASAP.)

Reason: The amount of Science a Resource Pod gives is adjusted for the (base) expense of the Tech you are currently researching. So researching Ecology you would get 19 Science, but researching Planetary Survey you would only get 16 Science. The difference becomes much larger once more expensive techs are available to research.

Comment

Tip: Get Affinity 4 in non-dominant Affinities too.

Reason: This is a reasonably inexpensive way to ensure you have a use for the Titanium, Xenomass, and Firaxite you will naturally end up with. Affinity level 4 Unique Units (Battlesuits, Xenoswarm, CNDRs) are very useful units and this will let you field a larger and more well-rounded military. Later in the game having points in other Affinities will open up more (and earlier) upgrades for your Affinity Unique Units.

Comment

It is very useful to use one of your 3 trade routes of your colonies to establish a trade route with your capital.

This way not only your colonies get some help with their production, but it also turns your capital into a production powerhouse that gives you an edge over other factions with regards to the building of wonders.
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

these are great thanks!

Comment

I am just starting, so this might seem simple. But the game feels a lot 'closer' than CIV. You are likely to have aliens or colonies right at your doorstep. The aliens start pretty friendly but don't want you near their nest.

So basically, you should expect to keep up the military more than other games.

Additionally, check out for tech that raises your afinity. So far it seems that mostly tech and quests improve your afinity. Afinity is required for improving your troops/enabling buildings. It seems useful to both concentrate and not to be too concentrated.

Finally, don't ignore the leaves. Many of the useful things are in the leaves...
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Not sure how to keep the other colonies from attacking your trading buddy stations. The first time my best trading buddy was attacked, I went to war with the group that attacked him and was successful at defending him. Now he is attacked again, and I don't have close enough troops to defend him and do not have any diplomatic option to request them to stop.

I don't want to lose my culture! Food, production, science and energy is all possible to get from other sources. Not culture!

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

The upgrades are interesting to me, but make the tech web confusing to me. I often end up getting a 'peaceful' (and otherwise useless) tech to make sure that my military stays advanced...
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                X