Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Apolyton Servers destroyed on December 17th

Yes, that's right.
    The Old Apolyton servers will be terminated on December 17th 2010.
    Unfortunately half a month sooner then we hoped for, but this is how it is.

If you need to save anything from the old server, please let me know.
    I'll try to save as much as possible to my own laptop for now but guarantee that that will work.

Robert
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Please save all of my posts on the old server. Thank you.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I say we should have a Viking funeral.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Requests if you can save them:
        Civ II Strategy Archive
        and
        Civ III Stories sections.

-->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

this is probably a stupid question, but how about a full 'raw' database dump?

Comment

If someone knows how to do it!

Comment

Oh for dog's sake. AAHZ is going to have a hissy fit.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Speaking of which, I need to go for a raw dump...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

An article on database dumps... but probably won't help in this case and it seems to require code-writing. So I guess it's up to save manually in HTML-ways and FTP-ways.
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I was wondering why the Civ2 Scenario League site was down again. Is it being dumped too?

I hope not as I have spent many hours over the past few years working on the Wiki pages and I know other members have too over the years.

If it can be saved and continue to be hosted I, and I'm sure I speak for the whole Civ2 Scenario League crowd, would be very grateful.

Thanks
                    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
                    SL INFORMATION THREAD
                    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

SL is already moved to the new server but needs to be reconfigured.
                      One of the SL admins has been informed. I think I also posted a thread in the SL forum.

I'm sorry for the delay, but SL data is moved.

Comment

That's great. As long as the data is not lost we can wait a while for it to come back online. Sorry if I missed your posts about this, I haven't been paying much attention recently due to my usual bout of S.A.D.
                        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                        SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
                        SL INFORMATION THREAD
                        CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

PTWDG2, public forum and the private fora need saving and opening to the public.

PTWDG public and private forum, also need opening.

C3CDG public and private fora needs opening.

These games are old but are important for explaining the growth of civilization high end strategy and new game development. Very important cultural histories IMO.
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Why are you deleting the old servers before the archives have been fixed? Incompetence...

Comment

Either you haven't moved the private fora yet, or I don't have access to them...
                              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                              X