Icons Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icons Missing

I've just installed CtP 2, along with a couple of mods. Cradle of Civilization and Super Apolyton Pack. I also added the Apolyton Edition. Using ModSwapper, I tried to play SAP, but I got an error message, a series of them actually that add up to one thing. Missing icons.

The list starts with Icon_good_arctic_mountain_three and continues through all the terrains to end with Icon_good_brown_hill_four.

Is anything I've put on conflicting? I don't mind taking something off, if that's what it takes. Help, please, I really looked forward to renewing my love of CtP 2.

Originally posted by Frador2 View Post
    Is anything I've put on conflicting? I don't mind taking something off, if that's what it takes. Help, please, I really looked forward to renewing my love of CtP 2.
    Obviously, there is something conflicting with Apolyton Pack and the Apolyton Edition, but why do you want to use a mod that doesn't add anything that the Apolyton Edition already adds?

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
      Obviously, there is something conflicting with Apolyton Pack and the Apolyton Edition, but why do you want to use a mod that doesn't add anything that the Apolyton Edition already adds?

-Martin

Uh, a little more detail, please. I'm brand new to the Apolyton Edition as of yesterday. I don't know what it does or doesn't include. Are you saying that by adding those two mods I'm duplicating what's already there? If so, I can remove the mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Frador2 View Post
        Uh, a little more detail, please. I'm brand new to the Apolyton Edition as of yesterday. I don't know what it does or doesn't include. Are you saying that by adding those two mods I'm duplicating what's already there? If so, I can remove the mods.
        Not quite, the Apolyton Pack is a mod supposed to add some extras to the standart game like new city styles some minor AI fixes and some balance corrections. So not much, in fact I think that it doesn't deserve to be called Super Apolyton Pack.

The Apolyton Edition conatains new city styles, in fact even more than the Apolyton Pack. It contains AI fixes that compared to the Apolyton Pack do improve the AI, and you get more trade goods.

The other mod, Cradle offers a focus onto the acient period, so that is a complete different thing, and as far as I know there shouldn't be any big problem. Anyway you can also find in these forums a version for the APolyton Edition.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

The Apolyton Edition (or Source Code Project) is an extensive fix to the default game without altering the core elements (tech tree/units/wonders) Most of the SLIC changes focus on fixing those core elements. Highly recommended if you want a game that does not deviate from the default game

Cradle adds a lot of new techs, units and wonders, primarily in the Ancient and Medieval ages. It also adds a lot of SLIC features not in the default game that add atmosphere, such as Religious Influence, Civ Traits and Golden Ages, Wonder Units and Great Houses.

It is available in an Apolyton Edition setup (in the download section located at this site), if you are using the Apolyton Edition. In fact, if you are using the Apolyton Edition, you will need to use this linked version
          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Thanks to both of you for the info. It's helpful. I took everything off, and since it's Cradle I play most of the time, I simply reloaded AE and Cradle using the correct version this time. No problems.

Again, my thanks to you both.

Comment

Working...
            X