Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C-evo pastime and future! An Earth to Space Poll...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-evo pastime and future! An Earth to Space Poll...

About C-evo...

I met some young kids playing WoW, they showed me their 70 or 80 level whatchamacallit and all their fine robes staves pets and armor, i was delighted to see where all that old fantasy had gone, but something seemed missing in all the business of Self-Adornment, Leveling, and Guilds... Then they asked me what i played, i have played too much to be sure of any one thing, so i thought what i played the longest of all my 500+ games, i said "C-evo"... i got blank looks, so i said "It's a Civ game, which is done really well"... warmer, but still blank looks, so i said here, i'll install it and show you... which i did, and for the next week solid WoW never saw them return to visit, now that was fun! =)

C-evo is a freeware empire building game for Windows
    Yes, all the time, love it, I can best all the AIs!
    14.29%
    Yes, when i can, damn AIs...
    28.57%
    Once or twice, i need more time, or it needs to be more addicting...
    57.14%
    A loooong time ago, back when mice had balls and a tail...
    0.00%
    I have heard of it, but i never really played Civ games...
    0.00%
    I'm a troll and i'll say anything to get attention so "C-evo SUCKS!!"
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

My real response would have been somewhere between the first and second. I'm onto my 38th "book", but have not tried "Insane" level of difficulty yet. And I don't play it all the time - Freeciv has had the last 3 days of my leisure time though C-evo has had most of the last 3 months - both playing it and writing more about it on the Civilization Wiki.
    [Mr] Robin F Patterson

Comment

I love polls, but the option "have not heard of it" is missing. I've never heard of this game....

it look like Civ 2 does it? Or is this a expansian pack for civ 2? :S
      Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

To Beatie I say: you have heard of it now!

My posting and CoreCore's posting above may give you half an idea of what it's about. It's a stand-alone free-to-play game intended to improve on Civ2. We think it succeeds.

It looks a bit like Civ2 because it's deliberately designed that way, but there are small differences in terrains and big differences in other ways. Read about some of the differences at http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/C...ivilization_II
        [Mr] Robin F Patterson

Comment

I've read about it... sounds intresting...perhaps I've give it a try
          Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

C-evo needs much better GUI and some gameplay improvement.

Comment

I love the design principles behind C-Evo, the developer writes some interesting thoughts and ideas for his game at the C-Evo site.

My only issue with the game is that there is very few sounds I know it's silly but I'm used to hearing a bleep or blop when I move a unit or click a button.

Comment

Version 1.2.0 available

HiYa!

Just thought I share my knowledge with you and tell everybody that here has been a new release of this fabulous game. Sadly I'm a bit behind (and humble ask for excuses if this is old news for you ,)) or as the official website states it:

Latest Update: Version 1.2.0 (6-Apr-13)
                What are you still reading here, go and give it a try, yeah?!

Cheers,
                Tom

Comment

I have not played it yet but I will try to play it.

Comment

Is it still for players that like too much challenge against AI (im so called casual but mostly noob player)? I played it several times but some of my games ended in rage quit. How it looks now (adressing AI) after... Wow didnt noticed that i played C-evo so long ago...

Comment

It's a stand-alone free-to-play game intended to improve on Civ2

Comment

C-evo has now some new AIs. =)

As well as, been ported to FreePascal (via Lazarus IDE).

Comment

Working...
                        X