This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop snitching JR!
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I happen to agree with Ben. Flutie is the best quarterback ever to play in the league. Unfortunately, that League is the CFL, not the NFL.

/me
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Sparrow, Flutie was awesome wasn't he!
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Sparrow, Flutie was awesome wasn't he!
          In the CFL yes.

/me
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Well, Albert's never seen him play in the CFL. He has no idea what Flutie can do. He believes that 38 year old Flutie is as good as it gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
              In the CFL yes.

/me
              But he was wasted in the CFL only because none of the NFL teams would give him a chance to demonstrate his awesomeness...

... at drop kicks.
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• The first preseason game, Ryan had the Cowboys come out in a "Flex" defense, as an acknowledgment and tribute to Landry. I thought that was way cool. I like this Ryan.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I don't like any of the Ryans

Comment

• Not even Ryan Leaf?
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Who?

Comment

• He wasn't funny enough (he was close though).

Comment

• Ben, you should be a huge Leaf fan. He's basically responsible personally for the Chargers' current success. If it weren't for him, the Chargers would've won more games and not had all those high draft picks, and Rivers would be a Chief now or something like that.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Ben, you should be a huge Leaf fan.
                            What, was he a football player? Never heard of him. Should I know him? Was he good or something?

Comment

• He was terrible. That's why you should know him. Just GTFO of this thread and save us from your habitual ignorance on all things american.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• The Chargers traded up to draft Ryan Leaf #2 overall after Peyton Manning in 1988.

Entering the 1998 draft, Manning and Leaf were widely considered to be the two best players available, and scouts and analysts debated whether Leaf or Manning should be selected first. Many advocated for Leaf and his stronger arm, while others saw Manning as the more mature player. However, the differences in potential between the two seemed small enough that most observers expected it would not greatly matter whether a team selected Manning or Leaf. The San Diego Chargers had the third pick of the draft, but traded two first round picks, a second round pick, and four time Pro Bowler Eric Metcalf to the Arizona Cardinals to move up one spot and guarantee that the team would get one of the two quarterbacks.[8]

On draft day Manning was selected first by the Indianapolis Colts and Leaf was selected second by the Chargers.
                                Ryan Leaf turned out to be horrendous and was out of the league within a couple years. Million-dollar arm, two-bit brain.
                                Just as amazing is that the Cardinals coundn't leverage that trade into turning their sorry franchise around.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X