Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivWillard v1.1 for G&K

Hi there,

I just wanted to share my own personal adaptation of Onni's masterpiece mod, CivWillard. It seems that he has vanished (temporarily, I hope) from the modding scene, so I decided to adapt his code to the new information available in G&K.

All credits to Onni, of course, but some little to my efforts in making this work for G&K.

I am happy to share it with you, with only one condition: that it cannot be uploaded to Civfanatics. I have been misstreated there to an unacceptable extent by some mods that have some type of neonazi delusion of grandeur, so I don't want any effort of mine to add to their status. Please respect that simple desire.

The adaptation is working well for me, so I assume it will for you too. If you have some problems, let me know here and I will see what I can do.

Kindest regards,

EDIT: added v1.2 for some refinements
    EDIT: replaced by v1.21 (COLOR_ORANGE was not working for HOSTILE, now it works)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Aristos; February 14, 2013, 14:11.
    Candor dat viribus alas.

I assume it is working for everyone? Share your experiences freely, there is so much to improve upon the great ideas of Onni... is it working for you all? Do you want more? Share your ideas... I cannot guarantee any deadline for more little improvements, but if you share, as soon as I have some time I can try to implement more tweaks and touches...
    Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

Seems to work pretty well for me. I haven't previously used CivWillard, so I'm not sure if opening the diplo screen with a leader always made their animations freeze, but honestly that's not a big issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Kralnor View Post
        Seems to work pretty well for me. I haven't previously used CivWillard, so I'm not sure if opening the diplo screen with a leader always made their animations freeze, but honestly that's not a big issue.
        That should NOT be happening to you. I have never seen that behaviour, not in the original CivWillard nor in my adaptation to G&K. Does it happen every single time you access the diplo window through CivWillard?
        Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

At first I thought it was a conflict with another mod, but that does not seem to be the case.

I fired up a new game, using only CivWillard, and I still had frozen leader animations when attempting to propose trades through the diplo window. However, this only happens if the AI leader in question flat out refuses the deal.

In my test, I was playing as Asika. My neighbors were Germany, Siam and Rome. I had Cotton that I wanted to sell, so I used CivWillard's diplo window. Clicking the Cotton icon next to Germany, I get offered gold, GPT and an embassy. If I do it for Rome, I am offered gold, horses and an embassy. For Siam, Rhamkhamhaeng flat out refuses the deal, and this is where the frozen animation kicks in.

Again, it's not a huge issue as it doesn't lock anything up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kralnor View Post
            At first I thought it was a conflict with another mod, but that does not seem to be the case.

I fired up a new game, using only CivWillard, and I still had frozen leader animations when attempting to propose trades through the diplo window. However, this only happens if the AI leader in question flat out refuses the deal.

In my test, I was playing as Asika. My neighbors were Germany, Siam and Rome. I had Cotton that I wanted to sell, so I used CivWillard's diplo window. Clicking the Cotton icon next to Germany, I get offered gold, GPT and an embassy. If I do it for Rome, I am offered gold, horses and an embassy. For Siam, Rhamkhamhaeng flat out refuses the deal, and this is where the frozen animation kicks in.

Again, it's not a huge issue as it doesn't lock anything up.
            Oh, I see... that part of the mod is still Onni's original (in fact, most of it is). To be honest, I never use the "click on resource to trade" function, because I barely remember getting better deals in a "normal" conversaton than through that way. In other words, I always click the leaders name in CivWillard window to initiate a normal contact, and then propose the deals... Civwillard is more of an information hub for me than a shortcut. I don't remember the freezings, but it may have happened.

So my recommendation is to just initiate the contact by clicking the name of the leader (at least until I have time to try and find the original bug in the behaviour you saw, which can be long).
            Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

I have had repeated crashes with your CivWillard mid to late game both before and after the latest hotfix. I was playing with both InfoAddict and CivWillard. The crash happens with a DX11 subroutine(dxgkrnl.sys + 5d00). After the hotfix, I played a game without any mods. No crashes.

Next game with InfoAddict only, no crashes.

Current game with both CivWillard and InfoAddict and the crashes have begun to happen again. Oddly enough, if I manually save after each turn, the crashes don't seem to occur (autosaving each turn does not work, but helps in restarting the game).

Next game I will try with CivWillard alone and see what happens with that.

Because of the crashes, I have been using only the tooltip windows not any of the larger ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Majestic View Post
                I have had repeated crashes with your CivWillard mid to late game both before and after the latest hotfix. I was playing with both InfoAddict and CivWillard. The crash happens with a DX11 subroutine(dxgkrnl.sys + 5d00). After the hotfix, I played a game without any mods. No crashes.

Next game with InfoAddict only, no crashes.

Current game with both CivWillard and InfoAddict and the crashes have begun to happen again. Oddly enough, if I manually save after each turn, the crashes don't seem to occur (autosaving each turn does not work, but helps in restarting the game).

Next game I will try with CivWillard alone and see what happens with that.

Because of the crashes, I have been using only the tooltip windows not any of the larger ones.
                Strange... I have never seen that, and I have been using this mod-mod for a long time now (way before I posted it here), before and after the Fall patch and hotfix... can you post a save to see if it is reproducible?
                Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

When loading a game, I clicked on the MOD icon after I selected the game. Even though I was running both CivWillard and InfoAddict, only InfoAddict was listed. So, When I resumed the game though the MOD path, I unchecked CivWillard and the game has been running rather well. But I got another crash many turns later.

I'm near the end of my current game, science victory with Bismarck next to me and using Citadels to nibble away at my borders. We are neck and neck with military, although I am ahead in tech. I've got a bunch of GSs ready to bulb when the tech costs vs my 8 turn totals get favorable. In short, for this game, at this stage I am too involved in the play to troubleshoot. I will try to get more information at another time.

It could be that the involvement of CivWillard is coincidental, but it has been running (or had been running) in the games where the crashes have occurred. I posted this to see if anyone else has this problem.The sample of just three games ( one no mods no crashed, one InfoAddict no crashes, and one CivWillard and InforAddict with crashes) is too small although it had happened in a number of games before the hotfix.

Comment

Finished a long game with CivWillard as only mod. No crashes. I will try my next game with both InfoAddict and CivWillard, but it may be next week or so before I start it. I'm not at all certain that CivWillard was a factor in the earlier crash I reported. I was posting to see if others were experiencing the problem.

A new Nvidia driver seems to have been released. I will be trying that as well.

Thanks for providing CivWillard for G&K and replying to my post.

Comment

Originally posted by Majestic View Post
                      Finished a long game with CivWillard as only mod. No crashes. I will try my next game with both InfoAddict and CivWillard, but it may be next week or so before I start it. I'm not at all certain that CivWillard was a factor in the earlier crash I reported. I was posting to see if others were experiencing the problem.

A new Nvidia driver seems to have been released. I will be trying that as well.

Thanks for providing CivWillard for G&K and replying to my post.
                      That's more like it. I am using CivWillard 1.1 together with my adaptation of InfoAddict (Light version, see Civfanatics post to download), no problems at all. If you are like me and think that the "full" InfoAddict shows too much information to the point that it may be cheating, then the light version might be for you. It shows only the relations wheel, no graphs or data (so no saving to disk every single turn either), and within the relations wheel, it shows only what can be seen or deduced in the original game.
                      Give it a try.
                      Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

HI folks,

added v1.2 with some little refinements, like color coding the attitudes of the other civilizations in Major Data window, and fixing the Protected column in Minor Data window (now it shows the list of all civilizations protecting the City State, with the player's civilization colored green.
                        Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

Replaced v1.2 by 1.21, COLOR_ORANGE was not working for color-coding the attitudes of major civilizations, not it is working.
                          Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

So is G&K worth it? All I saw was Wiggy's review which was not favorable and given that I really disliked the slow pace of Civ5 I just decided to pass up on it. Has the game been fixed so that it is actually fun? I mean fun like Civ4 and 2.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              So is G&K worth it? All I saw was Wiggy's review which was not favorable and given that I really disliked the slow pace of Civ5 I just decided to pass up on it. Has the game been fixed so that it is actually fun? I mean fun like Civ4 and 2.
                              I would say it is worth (the whole package) max. US$ 20, which is what it costed back in Steam's nov-dec 2012 sale. You just missed the 24 hour sale where the whole package was 12.50... it is way better now, after G&K and the Fall patch. Not on pair with BTS quality, of course, but that will probably never happen. Slow pace is still there, but there are more things to decide/do every turn, so that may compensate for part of it. Wait for the next sale and try it, my recommendation.
                              Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

Working...
                              X