The L Word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The L Word

I've always been curious about this from the other side, but most of my guy friends don't want to talk about it. So I would like to poll only the straight males.

I'm kind of worried my guy will say "I love you" before I'm ready for it, not necessarily any time soon, but still. I've only said it to one guy before and I'm not ready to say it to another yet. But what do I do if he says it and I don't? Like, what do I say? What would you guys prefer your girls do?
    I said it first. She said it back immediately.
    4.55%
    I said it first. She did not say it back immediately.
    13.64%
    She said it first. I said it back immediately.
    4.55%
    She said it first. I did not say it back immediately
    4.55%
    within 3 months
    9.09%
    within 6 months
    13.64%
    within 1 year
    9.09%
    within 2 years
    4.55%
    after 2 years
    4.55%
    I only love bananas
    31.82%

nevermind
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; April 22, 2012, 20:29.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

If a guy says he loves you, and you don't want to say you love him back, just smile, and give him a quick blow job. It's like those twix commercials where they stall for time by shoving a twix in their mouths, except you're using the dude's dick.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Before I tell someone that I love them, I preface the declaration with a monologue about how I only use the word love as a shorthand for what I consider to be the most powerful emotion I can feel for another human being, but that I have no idea if this emotion bears any resemblance to the emotion that others feel when they talk about love.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I thought the L word was Lesbian.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
            I thought the L word was Lesbian.
            So did I. I've only called anyone the 'L word' after they broke up with me.
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Difficult to tell without knowing his personality, but I can say if he actually does love you then he will not freak out if you don't immediately respond in kind.
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                If a guy says he loves you, and you don't want to say you love him back, just smile, and give him a quick blow job. It's like those twix commercials where they stall for time by shoving a twix in their mouths, except you're using the dude's dick.
                We have a thread winner.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                  So did I. I've only called anyone the 'L word' after they broke up with me.
                  Litch ?
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                    We have a thread winner.
                    Noted. I'll probably end up doing that. I've changed a bit, but not all that much.

Comment

Originally posted by b etor View Post
                      I've always been curious about this from the other side, but most of my guy friends don't want to talk about it. So I would like to poll only the straight males.

I'm kind of worried my guy will say "I love you" before I'm ready for it, not necessarily any time soon, but still. I've only said it to one guy before and I'm not ready to say it to another yet. But what do I do if he says it and I don't? Like, what do I say? What would you guys prefer your girls do?
                      Tell him you don't love hime before he tells you he loves you. Maybe you are unintentionally leading him on.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                        That is seriously what I was going to say.

It's not even a joke; if you're not willing to tell a guy you love him, you might as well prove him something useful.
                        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          Tell him you don't love hime before he tells you he loves you. Maybe you are unintentionally leading him on.
                          Or, say you don't love him, then kick him really hard in the sack. The pain in his groin will help distract from the pain in his heart.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                            I've only called anyone the 'L word' after they broke up with me.
                            thereby making you female?

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                              I'll get there with him eventually.

Comment

Working...
                              X