Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    Also, I have Lydia following me everywhere. She just ****s **** up, especially since she has an ebony shield I looted and a nice sword. As a character she's about as interesting as a faded brick, though.
    Yeah Lydia is the ****. All my friends either killed her, lost her in battle, or don't use her. I don't get it. At the very least, she can carry your ****.

I made her a full set of legendary dragon plate, enchanted with shock and magic resistance, health bonus, and archery bonus, gave her an enchanted necklace, and enchanted glass bow and glass war axe. She's a freaking monster now.

She was not my first follower though. The executioner in Solitude was until the game glitched and he vanished from the game. He was with me outside of a cave but when I fast traveled, he was gone. Go figure.

I joined everything I can join, but I'm realizing that some quests screw with others. My Dark Brotherhood mark happened to be someone I was still doing a quest for
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      Yeah Lydia is the ****. All my friends either killed her, lost her in battle, or don't use her. I don't get it. At the very least, she can carry your ****.
      I am such a pack rat, so when I discovered she can carry stuff I was in heaven.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
        I am such a pack rat, so when I discovered she can carry stuff I was in heaven.
        With her sarcastic "I am sworn to carry your burdens"
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

With her sarcastic "I am sworn to carry your burdens"
          Damn right, woman.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I switched to Aela as my follower. I spent so much time doing side quests the game started to get boring. I'm going to focus on the main storyline and the Dark Brotherhood storyline. I'm over 100 hours so far but only just finished Alduin's Wall.

I need to finish this game. I never finished Fallout 3, Deus Ex, Far Cry 2, etc.

Comment

Just focus totally on the main quest and don't even look at anything else and you will finish it.

I hit this point in every game like this.
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I actually powered through the main quest and recently picked this game up again to start actually doing sidequests. I'd only done the companions and college quests when I beat the main game, so now I'm going on all the dungeon crawls. I also downloaded a ****ton of mods which make the game a lot more fun.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I actually powered through the main quest and recently picked this game up again to start actually doing sidequests. I'd only done the companions and college quests when I beat the main game, so now I'm going on all the dungeon crawls. I also downloaded a ****ton of mods which make the game a lot more fun.
                  No Dark Brotherhood yet?

Comment

Oh, I destroyed the dark brotherhood. Also avoiding thieves guild. I'm a good guy.

Comment

Oh, I destroyed the dark brotherhood. Also avoiding thieves guild. I'm a good guy.
                      There's no karma system in Skyrim. You can do whatever you want and it doesn't make a difference. Good thing because it means you can appreciate the entire game with only a single character.

Too bad you destroyed the Dark Brotherhood. There's some interesting missions there and you missed out on some interesting characters like a 12-year old vampire and an insane jester.

Really, Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood missions trump boring dungeon grinding by a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy View Post
                        Just focus totally on the main quest and don't even look at anything else and you will finish it.

I hit this point in every game like this.
                        Yeah this and Elder Scrolls: Fallout lose their luster after a while. The first few hours in these games are amazing. I remember when I first came out of the Vault in Fallout and wandered to an abandoned school at nightfall, hiding from the bandits and trying to pick them off one by one with whatever I could grab, and actually feeling dread and then relief when the sun came out and I found Megaton. But then 30 hours in, you're fast travelling here and there feeling like a messenger boy with a side-habit of grinding through dungeons and who has a crapload of powerful gear and the game gets hard to finish.

I did finish the main quest in Skyrim and the Dark Brotherhood's main quest-line. Just need to finish off the Thieves' Guild (I've been retaining the skeleton key for obvious reasons).

Comment

MAybe some people like ro actually RP an RP game, Al?

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                            MAybe some people like ro actually RP an RP game, Al?

JM
                            And miss out half the game? Anyone who's played the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild missions will tell him he's missing out.

Comment

Yeah this and Elder Scrolls: Fallout lose their luster after a while. The first few hours in these games are amazing. I remember when I first came out of the Vault in Fallout and wandered to an abandoned school at nightfall, hiding from the bandits and trying to pick them off one by one with whatever I could grab, and actually feeling dread and then relief when the sun came out and I found Megaton. But then 30 hours in, you're fast travelling here and there feeling like a messenger boy with a side-habit of grinding through dungeons and who has a crapload of powerful gear and the game gets hard to finish.
                              Yea, that's my relation to these games too. I don't remember if I ever finished Oblivion. I haven't picked up Skyrim lately either. I'm sure I'll take another look again, but at some point I will just have to buckle down on the main quest and get it over with.

And I totally remember that feeling after first exiting the vault in Fallout.

Comment

And miss out half the game? Anyone who's played the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild missions will tell him he's missing out.
                                Jon's correct. I know I'm missing part of the game, but I can always do that with another character. I like that there is no karma system. I actually really dislike karma systems--I don't want someone telling me if my choice was good or bad, I'd much rather evaluate that myself based on what its actual consequences are. That's the way I see the lack of a karma system in Skyrim.

Comment

Working...
                                X