The Peyton Manning debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Denver seems like a stretch to me, with young (but good) receivers and a dodgy running game.
    Tennessee has a go-to WR (Britt) and Chris Johnson. Plus, Manning is adored in Tennessee.

Tennessee's O-line is rated much higher, both in the running game and in pass protection.
    Tennessee's defense game up significantly fewer points, and yardage was basically a toss-up between the two.

Assuming Manning wants to get back to the Super Bowl, seems like the Titans are a lot closer. Not sure what Peyton sees in Denver, unless it's just someone to force the bidding as high as possible. There must be something I'm missing.
    I think it's the John Elway mystique, combined with Peyton's liking of John Fox, that is keeping Denver in the picture.

But I'm sure Peyton likes the thought of facing the Colts twice a year with the Titans.
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; March 16, 2012, 14:36.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Apparently the 49ers with their $20 million under the cap have jumped in. And the entire league has just shat a brick.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The dark horse 49ers have emerged!

Even before he worked out for the Denver Broncos on Friday, Peyton Manning threw passes for the San Francisco 49ers and underwent a physical exam earlier this week, according to league sources.
        Damn, Imran! Beat me by a minute!
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Btw, how scared are you of that happening?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post

Btw, how scared are you of that happening?
            Pssh. My team is the reigning SB champs. I wasn't expecting a repeat this coming season.

Peyton Manning to Randy Moss, though...

Comment

.. what about the next few years?

Comment

It appears that Denver can only offer $60MM/5years with their cap issues. That's probably a problem.

Adam Shefter reports that the Cardinals have been advised to proceed as if they will not get Manning.

SF would be pretty scary with a real QB.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Sucks for Alex Smith. Like Tebow, he earned his place (hell, to be honest, Hasselbeck balled out and earned starting consideration for next year), but that won't matter now.

Comment

Most even semi-contenders have QBs that earned their place.

But San Fran likely saw losing in overtime in the NFC Championship Game and their starting QB went 12/26 for 196 yards and imagined what if Peyton Manning was under center instead.

Comment

• I think with Peyton under center for the 49ers that I might have to go to Vegas and put a little down on their Super Bowl chances.
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                        It's like a homecoming for one
                        You have no idea. There has been little else discussed anywhere in the state since this became a real possibility. I would love to see Peyton back in Tennessee myself, but it is like the second coming going on around here.
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Arizona is out.

Cardinals out of Manning chase

Coach Ken Whisenhunt says Peyton Manning "no longer an option" for Cardinals. Team to pay QB Kolb $7 million bonus.
                          7 million will soothe hurt feelings.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Broncos reportedly offered $90million 5 year deal.Article is from the Denverpost.com.

Looks like they have Manning Fever too:

This article is the:
                            #1 most-clicked article of the hour
                            #1 most-clicked article of the day
                            #1 most-clicked article among Colorado readers of the day
                            #1 most-clicked article among Colorado readers of the hour
                            #1 most-clicked article among readers outside Colorado of the day
                            #1 most-clicked article among readers outside Colorado of the hour
                            #1 most-clicked article among Denver readers

Read more: Broncos meeting with Peyton Manning, offering roughly $90 million over 5 years - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz1pKQVCcZl
                            Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
                            Last edited by PLATO; March 16, 2012, 20:17.

Comment

• $90MM/5 yrs is the same deal he had in Indy. That's said to be the baseline buy-in to be in the conversation.
                              Manning is said to be willing to offer the teams protection in case his neck issues resurface.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• One thing in common among the finalists, all 3 have young QB's that could benefit greatly from Manning being there. It's not just Tebow.
                                Alex Smith is still young. Jake Locker could surely use him being around. Matt Hasselbeck is OK, but he's no Peyton Manning.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X