No announcement yet.

How do you define your way of playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you define your way of playing?

A recent toppic about gods and kings expansion give me a idea. It seems that some players who like Civ V, are peaceful players who chase non war victories. I like to see if that is true. We already know that a lot of players don't play Civ V anymore. This poll is about ALL CIV games!

you can choose multiple options.
    don't forget to choose your Civ game.. if your like to play both Civ games, choose then both.
    I plan tor a huge war, build up army and than kick ass.
    8.33%
    I like to attack weaker oponents and expand my civ.
    8.33%
    I play friendly, try Space victory.
    15.00%
    I play friendly, try diplomatic victory
    11.67%
    I only go to war if there is no other option.
    13.33%
    I always play peace, any victory wil do this way.
    6.67%
    I play mostly scenarios
    1.67%
    I play Civ V
    15.00%
    I play Civ IV BTS
    10.00%
    I play some other Civ (name it please)
    1.67%
    I play with my banana
    8.33%
    Last edited by Beatie; April 25, 2012, 08:02.
    Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

I like to fight wars. I have since Civ 1. I just like it.

That said, I'm usually pretty peaceful, fighting mainly when attacked. Civ 5 especially becomes pretty draconian when you start wiping civs out. On the rare occasions when I still go for military victories, I usually build until someone attacks me. Then I mobilize an army and anihilate them (much harder to do in Civ 5. Now, I usually have a military city very early on.). This gets one of my friends mad at me, so they attack me, and I kill them.

Soon, I'm fighting the whole world because Alexander tried to take me down. That gets very annoying.
    I don't know what I've been told!
    Deirdre's got a Network Node!
    Love to press the Buster Switch!
    Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Originally posted by gdijedi7 View Post
      I like to fight wars. I have since Civ 1. I just like it.

That said, I'm usually pretty peaceful, fighting mainly when attacked. Civ 5 especially becomes pretty draconian when you start wiping civs out. On the rare occasions when I still go for military victories, I usually build until someone attacks me. Then I mobilize an army and anihilate them (much harder to do in Civ 5. Now, I usually have a military city very early on.). This gets one of my friends mad at me, so they attack me, and I kill them.

Soon, I'm fighting the whole world because Alexander tried to take me down. That gets very annoying.
      I don't build a big army, just a decent defense force but I make sure I have a very good industry and/or a surplus of money so that when unjustly attacked by an evil no-good civ I can make and buy sufficient units to defend first and then counter attack (usually I go for at least one city before agreeing to a peace..that makes me feel better )

Comment

Yeah. My army's always tiny until I end up in a war.

Then, yes. I supersize. Mostly go for aircraft, though. I build nine Minutemen to form the core of my army and keep upgrading them. I usually have very little in the way of cavalry, maybe one or two units. I usually have no navy, or a small navy until Destroyers, who form the base of my large navy, mainly to protect my multitudinous carriers. I almost never have battleships, but I like to have at least a couple of missile cruisers if I have the aluminum.
        I don't know what I've been told!
        Deirdre's got a Network Node!
        Love to press the Buster Switch!
        Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

In Civ IV my playstyle was mostly peacefully ...
          usually I would only go to war if there were no other viable possibility to expand on my continent anymore and would then plan the war strategically, usually by bulding a large number of units after getting some kind of strategic tech (for example access to cavalry or tanks) so that the war can be resolved as fast as possible.
          (although for certain AIs I would prefer war over peace, for example Isabella, if she has a different religion as myself ... as I known that she might wage a holy war against everyone of a different religion)

In Civ V it is the other way round...
          as I know that the AIs in Civ V usually consist of backstabbing bastards, who just wait for the right moment to betray me, no matter how good our relations are, I prefer to exterminate them as soon as possible, as long as they are still small, especially if they are on the same continent.
          (thanks to choosing the germans with Furor teutonicus I usually have no problems in gathering troops in a short time ... most of them may be just brutes, but combined with a few more advanced ranged troops, usually they are sufficient to overwhelm my neighbors )
          Last edited by Proteus_MST; April 27, 2012, 16:15.
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I usually try to get as big as possible, try to conquer my continent and build up my army as soon as I got Infantry and Tanks. I love oversea wars. Than try to land just like D-day but then with 3 complete army's that I choose to land on 3 different places. Sometimes I let them capitulate to make them my vassals, Usually I try to get the strongest opponent no matter what kind of relationship I have with them. Build the forbidden place asap so maintenance cost are low, and send infantry troops through airlift to all the new city's. Then I try to mobilize my entire invasion force for the next victim. This is not possible at the highest levels...(for me) the highest level I have done this with success is Prince level. As you can see.. I am a warmonger
            Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

My play style is unfortunately not possible because of the bad AI (which was present in all Civ games)
              I would love to play as one who takes out all the warmongering civilizations first and let the peaceful civilizations stay. Unfortunately the AI is created in an annoying way that if I take out a civilization who is hated by anyone (and before the war everybody loves me) everybody starts hating me (even if it was the hated civilization who started the war)
              I'm always carefully considering taking out the enemies who is hated by everybody and who hates me as the first victims

But in the end my play style is I'll build up a great army and take out the enemies one by one... show no mercy
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

there is almost always stuff more interesting to do than starting a war (for instance hitting enter and read on apolyton while the cpu is busy scheming the ais against each other)

Comment

I am also used to play this game.War was very interesting because of twisted behavior of me and my competitor.
                  At last I conquered the battle from my strong opponent.
                  I am winner.

Comment

I love playing Mario type games with forest and lots of fun.

Comment

I like to attack weaker oponents and expand my civ.

Comment

I like building up forces and strategically attacking other empires. Civ 5 seems to penalize you a lot for that. I do enjoy the more domestic policies too, like controlling what money is spent on what, and building improvements, but it is sorta secondary to defense. I also miss the random events CIV IV had.
                        www.playnswap.com
                        Trade video games for FREE!

Comment

I used to play ICS style in Civ I, Civ II and Freeciv: expand quickly, keep army minimal until needed and then quickly build it up and start attacking other civs one by one.

Now I have played Civ 5 and started to play much more experimental styles, as ICS is not that obvious strategy anymore. I've enjoyed religion in Civ 5 and I find that city states add depth to make diplomatic game style more interesting.

Comment

Working...
                          X