No announcement yet.

New York - Atlanta: train, plane, bus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York - Atlanta: train, plane, bus?

Say you wanted to go from New York to Atlanta and back. Which type of transportation
    would use? Are American trains reliable? Are they comfortable? What about price? Any
    info appreciated.

Depending on when you want to travel, flying can be very reasonably priced - I just checked Travelocity for the cheapest round-trip from NY to Atlanta in August, and it came out to $305.

American trains are terrible and buses are a pain in the neck.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Bus from NYC to Atlanta?! **** no. Do you know how long that would take?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

How much time do you have? How much money are you willing to spend?
        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

It's 850 miles from NYC to Atlanta. That's the same distance from Rome to Istanbul (by plane). You're Croatian, right, Vetlegion? Think about that distance
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

My sources at Google Earth tell me it's almost 1400 km

I think Amtrak is the best option, even though it takes 17 hours. Return ticket for $289.00.
            Can airplanes beat this price? I tried to find a cheaper air ticket in March, but found none.

Comment

Airtran has a hub in Atlanta, so you can probably get a cheap non-stop flight to and from New York

Comment

If I was the travelling type, I'd love to take a train across the US. If I could get a train to the US, I'd probably do it.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
                  Can airplanes beat this price? I tried to find a cheaper air ticket in March, but found none.
                  There are a few for $268, but they're pre-March 13th which I'm guessing is too soon

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
                    My sources at Google Earth tell me it's almost 1400 km

I think Amtrak is the best option, even though it takes 17 hours. Return ticket for $289.00.
                    Told you. A bus would be agonizing. Greyhound Bus says 22 hours.

The benefit of a plane is that you could get down to Atlanta in about the time it takes to watch a movie.

Comment

Plane most definitely! I've done the trip many times.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Plane, just be sure it's a direct flight.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                          If I was the travelling type, I'd love to take a train across the US. If I could get a train to the US, I'd probably do it.
                          This probably won't happen anytime soon, but it could

Comment

Definitely not a bus. I took one once from Dallas to near St. Louis and it was terrible. Now a bus full of friends would be a little different. I'd like to try a train.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Train most likely it is. The airline sites don't have the dates I need available. But the train
                              is 18 hours... man, that's a looooong time.

Comment

Working...
                              X