Republicans really do hate gay people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Freedom of association permits them to do this, and frankly this makes sense.
    'Freedoms' like this are why so many people on this side of the Atlantic smirk when Americans talk about how free they are compared to the rest of us. Corporate muppet.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
      Well, that just proves Disney is terrible
      Disney has to protect the image that they have with the public. Imagine if Ben and Jerry's discovered their spokesman publicly advocated against gay marriage in his free time. Shouldn't they be allowed to terminate his contract in order to protect their corporate image?
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        Yes. You haven't read the thread, but it must be an anti-Christian hate-fest because some people support gay rights. Please continue your prejudice.
        It's an expression that says "i didn't read each and every of 400 posts." I read first page and last page. Now that I've read a bit more hasn't changed the accuracy of my observation...

Yes, between citing betty bowers and jim crow baptists and anti-CatholicBenKenobi slurs, accusation that opposing gay marriage must be anti-gay prejudice and hatred primarily derived from barbaric religion is par for this course.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow View Post
          I think it's perfectly OK to bounce a judicial nominee because of recent and long-term activism demonstrating an unlikelihood of impartiality on the subject.
          Err, what exactly do homosexuality and traffic violations have in common?
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow View Post
            Now that I've read a bit more hasn't changed the accuracy of my observation...
            Well, at least this statement is accurate.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• It seems to me that gay marriage could have a whole series of unseen repercussions. For example, when two women marry, they're going to have twice the urge for kids. With all the growing uncertainties about sperm donation, cloning would seem to be the only way to have kids who are really, totally "theirs," without a man around to claim paternity. But cloning isn't exactly accepted, at least for humans, and when you couple that with residual anti-gay-parent prejudice the kids will go through hell. They're going to have to basically set up separate spaces where they can relax--especially since, as clones, they're very likely to be gay themselves. And make no mistake, City Hall will make them fight to set up those places. But I think they'll be willing to deal in the end.

Their words will be: "What would you do for a clone-**** bar?"
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Is there a groan smiley?
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• The president of a major American financial firm caught his wife cheating just the other day. Seems the Fidelity wasn't Mutual after all.
                  1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                    It seems to me that gay marriage could have a whole series of unseen repercussions. For example, when two women marry, they're going to have twice the urge for kids. With all the growing uncertainties about sperm donation, cloning would seem to be the only way to have kids who are really, totally "theirs," without a man around to claim paternity. But cloning isn't exactly accepted, at least for humans, and when you couple that with residual anti-gay-parent prejudice the kids will go through hell. They're going to have to basically set up separate spaces where they can relax--especially since, as clones, they're very likely to be gay themselves. And make no mistake, City Hall will make them fight to set up those places. But I think they'll be willing to deal in the end.

Isn't it theoretically possible to combine the DNA of two different women?

Comment

It seems to me that gay marriage could have a whole series of unseen repercussions. For example, when two women marry, they're going to have twice the urge for kids. With all the growing uncertainties about sperm donation, cloning would seem to be the only way to have kids who are really, totally "theirs," without a man around to claim paternity. But cloning isn't exactly accepted, at least for humans, and when you couple that with residual anti-gay-parent prejudice the kids will go through hell. They're going to have to basically set up separate spaces where they can relax--especially since, as clones, they're very likely to be gay themselves. And make no mistake, City Hall will make them fight to set up those places. But I think they'll be willing to deal in the end.

Oh sweet Jesus.

That was an atrocity on level with the gassing of the Kurds.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I for one support Eloks recent transformation into a 1940's vaudeville comedy act. Moar!!

Comment

The president of a major American financial firm caught his wife cheating just the other day. Seems the Fidelity wasn't Mutual after all.
                          Dad? Is that you?

Comment

The president of a major American financial firm caught his wife cheating just the other day. Seems the Fidelity wasn't Mutual after all.
                            Wow.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              Is there a groan smiley?
                              I find that works nicely.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Wow. After all this positive feedback, I don't know if I can keep coming up with the same quality material. But, as I told Miss Muffet at her late aunt's estate proceedings, where there's a will, there's a whey.
                                1011 1100

Comment

Working...
                                X