A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    ... And Mad Men was first offered to HBO. How would it turn out? ...
    Christina Hendricks might've gotten nekkid?
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• I think I'm just about the only person who doesn't find her even remotely attractive.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

So you wait for when the DVDs get release. Why are you entitled to get something for free?
        I AM NOT PIRATING THEM I AM WAITING AN ENTIRE YEAR, I DON'T WANT TO WAIT AN ENTIRE YEAR!
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

They don't run shows like Breaking Bad because it isn't going to get the same ratings.
          LOL.

Now you're straying into the absurd. Breaking Bad can't stand up to the quality expected by broadcast TV viewers?

LMAO!

And Mad Men was first offered to HBO. How would it turn out? The same with Mad Men on A&E. Mad Men on HBO would have more sex & cursing, but be for all other purposes the same.

But they didn't. If my aunt was a man she'd be my uncle. What an awful argument.

Thought experiment - if Firefly was on SyFy do you think it would have been canceled? No, because it likely would have gotten good enough ratings to continue its existence. However, was a dismal ratings failure on FOX.

Same thing goes for a show like Arrested Development. Though, of course they likely were a bit more expensive for your normal cable channel.

After all, the new Battlestar Galactica, by all accounts, lost SyFy a TON of money. Though it was considered a "loss leader" - kind of like what Mad Men is to AMC - bring more shows and eventually more viewers. Though for SyFy that hasn't happened.
          I don't watch sci-fi. No comment.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            I think I'm just about the only person who doesn't find her even remotely attractive.
            Nope. She's merely okay.

But hey, the show is "stylish" if you don't mind the boring as **** plot lines.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• So how do the two platforms hold up at awards time?

Emmys? Cable has virtually swept the last three years.

Don't like the Emmy's and prefer the Golden Globes? Same result.

Comment

Way to kill Apolyton, Wezil.

Imran and I disagree but do so respectfully. This isn't bad is it?

Comment

• Heh. Your post was the last one in the OT for about three hours.

Edit: More like an hour and a half. Bah.
                  Last edited by Lorizael; March 13, 2012, 08:57.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Ahh.

I put that down to "What can you say when the wise man has already spoken?"

Comment

• It could have been "some posts are so stupid it stuns everyone into silence".
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

• I am too lazy to look what you said, but could apply to most posts.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

• So that's just a forum drive-by then?

Comment

• Well I have been involved in this thread.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

I think I'm just about the only person who doesn't find her even remotely attractive.
                              I think you might be gay.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                                I AM NOT PIRATING THEM I AM WAITING AN ENTIRE YEAR, I DON'T WANT TO WAIT AN ENTIRE YEAR!
                                I restate: Why are you entitled to get something for free?
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X