NHL '11-'12 talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharks beat the Caps last night.
    Good game by the great #8. No, not Ovie, our #8 the Big Pavelski.
    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Black Hawks finally win one on the road. First time in exactly two months. Scored all four goals in first ten minutes and then held them off for rest of game. Passing was much crisper and PP kill was 7/7. Still have problems on PP but a win was really needed.

Comment

• This is the first season in a while where I feel pretty confident about the Wings' chances to win the Cup.

I mean, they've been a contender for years and years; this is the first time I've felt like they are THE favorite since their last Cup, probably.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Don't go way out there and put yourself on the line or anything, Guy.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ts-over-there/

Hahahahah. Jimmy Howard thinks "Biter" Burrows and the Canucks are idiots.
            And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• 11 straight 30+ goal seasons now for Iginla.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                11 straight 30+ goal seasons now for Iginla.
                Saw it on TV, even though it was against my Sharks I give him proper credit.

Comment

• Sven Baertschi was Calgary's 1st round pick last year...in his first 4 NHL games, he's scored 3 goals now (and +2).

Promising.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• The Western Conference race is ridiculous.

Comment

• Yeah, two weeks ago I would never have thought Hawks had a chance to end up in fourth and now they are poised to do so.

Comment

• 15 years ago today...

Darren McCarty adminstered a righteous beatdown of Claude Lemieux, in revenge for shattering Kris Draper's face with a dirty hit in the previous season's playoffs, in one of the most spectacular and famous on-ice brawls of the last few decades. Mike Vernon and Patrick Roy also participated, with one of the more well-known goalie fights, with the much smalled Vernon leaving Hall of Famer Roy bloodied and bruised.

Of note, Darren McCarty also scored the overtime winner, and Mike Vernon notched his 300th career victory. The brawl started with a confrontation between possibly the two least likely people on the ice, Igor Larionov and Peter Forsberg.

I have often derided fights in the NHL, but even I must admit, this was an incredibly cathartic event.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• Thanks Guynemer, I have often enjoyed fights in the NHL, but had forgotten all about this rivalry (Claude Lemieux in the middle of a rivalry...who wouldda thunk it). I was disappointed that your link was to Wiki and not to Youtube, but enjoyed the read nonetheless.

Good memories of a day gone by.

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• Wow, I forgot how blurry the picture was before HD.

Comment

• Wow.
                                At the start of the year I said "as long as they don't pick first overall again."
                                As the season wound down I "at least they don't pick first overall again."
                                Earlier today I said, "odds are they will stay in second, but if you have to draft 2nd, might as well get first...though the odds aren't in favour of it".
                                And now?
                                "Wow!"

Funny thing is, I really want them to take a defenseman, and now it looks like they will likely draft another forward, in a draft where the defenseman are as strong as they may have ever been....anyone want to trade for a number one overall pick?

/me
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X