Console Wars VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El_Cid View Post
    Most software sales come from high street bricks and mortar stores(i did a post about Sins of the Solar Empires sales figures, and even for a priority download place like Stardock that method(on-line) only covered about 20% of overall sales), and in those places an average new 360/PS3/Wii game comes in at £49.99 or £39.99, not including the odd special offer that happens.
    People that buy games at £49.99 are idiots and don't deserve the pleasures of gaming.

Comment

A normal console game cost ~60 pounds in Norway.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Well then I'm sure you'd agree that people who pay £80 for games in Norway are idiots and don't deserve the pleasure of gaming.

Comment

Sure thing.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
            Let's see Asher.

Rogue Galaxy = 2007 in NA
            Dragon Quest 8 = 2005 in NA
            Kingdom Hearts = old, 2002 in NA
            Xenosaga-Episode II = 2005 in NA
            Final fantasy X = old, 2001 in NA
            Valkyrie Profile 2 = 2006 in NA
            Resident Evil-Cone name veronica X = old, 2001 in NA
            Stolen = 2005

A good variety, age wise. And of course, age has nothing to do with enjoyment. You still seems to have problems understanding that people have different tastes.
            Oh, **** right off.

Here's some math for you, what's the average of all of those years?

Hint: it's 2004.

You and Ben both seriously share some major common sense/general intellect problems. It's maddening.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Always ready to change the playing rules to fit your changing needs, eh?

Comment

I'm not changing any rules. My point is simply that El_Cid is behind me. I've played all those games years ago.

A year ago he said nothing but bad things about consoles. Then he got a PS2 and he's liking it, catching up on the games library. The obvious implication from my statement is eventually he'll catch up to the consoles he's slamming now, like the Xbox 360. He's just behind, is all.

I was obviously not making any qualitative judgement about the quality of the games (in fact, if anything I said Ico -- which is from 2001 -- is a great game), I was making a statement about El_Cid's gaming experience relative to the rest of us who have played the PS2-gen games and moved on to the latest and greatest.

I'm upset I need to spell this out for you, I really feel people on this site should be bright enough to spot the obvious implications on their own without this verbosity.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

On a different note, I have been playing Fable II and it is a great game. GOTY 2008 for me. The combat is simple but it is pretty fun once you are able to counter, flurry, and do chain attacks.
                  Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Fable II is great. I started but haven't finished Knothole.

Comment

"I can summon spirits from the vasty deep" William Shakespeare, Henry IV, Part 1.
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

What are the odds that XBox Live Marketplace starts selling first-level games [like Steam/Direct2Drive/etc. for PC] any time soon? I was rather disappointed to find it doesn't [unless I'm a moron and can't find it], only demos (for, say, NHL 2009 type games - current, <1yr old, full studio).
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                          What are the odds that XBox Live Marketplace starts selling first-level games [like Steam/Direct2Drive/etc. for PC] any time soon? I was rather disappointed to find it doesn't [unless I'm a moron and can't find it], only demos (for, say, NHL 2009 type games - current, <1yr old, full studio).
                          Funny you mention that...but probably very soon. First step was permitting installable games (you can copy any game from disc to the HD).

The upcoming Halo game (Halo 3: ODST) is supposedly going to be available as a download as well as retail. It'll probably serve as the launch vehicle for downloadable 360 retail games (they love to use the Halo games to launch new services).

They sell some rather large Xbox Live Marketplace games right now, the size has grown steadily. But no full retail games yet.

Comment

The sell xbox originals on xbox live but those are all over 1 year old. They need to lower the price of the larger harddrive, it is too expensive.
                            Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
                              On a different note, I have been playing Fable II and it is a great game. GOTY 2008 for me. The combat is simple but it is pretty fun once you are able to counter, flurry, and do chain attacks.
                              I'm finding it pretty bland, but I'm not that far in yet. It's already clear that Fallout 3 is much better though.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike View Post
                                I'm finding it pretty bland, but I'm not that far in yet. It's already clear that Fallout 3 is much better though.
                                I enjoyed Fable 2 more than Fallout 3, personal taste I guess. Like I said in the fallout thread the gameplay in Fallout is pretty boring to me, with Vats it is boring w/o vats it is just a below average first person shooter with a lot of side quests. Fable 2 gameplay is simple but I found it fun kind of like an old school button masher game.

Comment

Working...
                                X