Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton CTP2 Edition: Revision 1097 (07-Jun-2010)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by couggod View Post
    The GOG edition is the version available from gog.com (http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/call_to_power_2)
    Thanks, now I know where to go, if I ever loose my CtP2 cd.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
      Looks like your army already plays without the cleric. Maybe it died in the AI turn before, maybe by bombardment. Looks like you just should not give the order across turns, so that you are on the save side.

-Martin
      But the problem allways appears. Not just over the rounds. Do you need another save with a safe turnover ?

Comment

Originally posted by Wozer View Post
        But the problem allways appears. Not just over the rounds. Do you need another save with a safe turnover ?
        Well, I prevented the crash, but the army that was supposed to convert the city did not contain a cleric. So for me it looks that the order to convert the city was given on the turn before. And in the meantime the cleric was killed. Maybe it was bombed away. That's so far my guess. And this means if you stop in front of the city without giving the order than everything should be fine, and you give the order on the next turn, if the cleric is still there and the army wasn't moved, yet.

Of course, if you think that the cleric wasn't bombed away, than you have to give me the save game of one turn earlier.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by couggod View Post
          I'm having the same problem, except I'm using the GOG edition of the game so there is no CD to be had.
          I don't know whether the GOG version comes with the music, or with just the game data. The music is hidden on the CD, if you check out the content with the Windows Explorer than you don't see the music files.

If the GOG version comes with the music than I would expect that all the data uncompressed has total size between 600 and 700 MB.

-Martin

Comment

Finally crashed

Been playing this AE version for awile, and it has been solid--you guys rock! But it finally crashed on me playing Hex's Cradle III - Gov Specific Units. Here is the crash file and the first 5 parts of the saved game.

Version 2010-06-08
            0x0046e74f [?ConvertCity@ArmyData@@QAE?AW4ORDER_RESULT@@ABVMap Point@@@Z + 0x22f]
            0x00477cb2 [?ExecuteSpecialOrder@ArmyData@@QAE_NPAVOrder@@AA_N @Z + 0x442]
            0x00472d7a [?ExecuteOrders@ArmyData@@QAE_N_N@Z + 0x44a]
            0x0047279f [?AddOrders@ArmyData@@QAEXW4UNIT_ORDER_TYPE@@PAVPat h@@ABVMapPoint@@HW4GAME_EVENT@@@Z + 0x64f]
            0x00471e59 [?AddOrders@ArmyData@@QAEXW4UNIT_ORDER_TYPE@@ABVMap Point@@@Z + 0x19]
            0x0047c9c4 [?GEVHookCallback@ArmyConvertCityOrderEvent@@EAE?AW 4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGam eEventArgList@@@Z + 0x54]
            0x00581297 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x37]
            0x00581c58 [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x28]
            0x0057fd7d [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
            0x0040c211 [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x201]
            0x00406e74 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x394]
            0x004068a5 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
            0x0080fbdc [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
            0x77bfd0e9 [__onexitbegin + 0x77224191]
            0x77a719bb [__onexitbegin + 0x77098a63]
            0x77a7198e [__onexitbegin + 0x77098a36]
            Attached Files
            Last edited by MisterEd; August 7, 2010, 19:02. Reason: Upload saved game

Comment

And the only 2 parts of the saved game
              Attached Files

Comment

AE Mod also crashes

I tried to play the AE Mod in the Scenarios included with CTP2 AE and I got the following DB Errors

STRATEGY_ISLAND_MILITARIST not found in Strategy database
                STRATEGY_ISLAND_DIPLOMATIC not found in Strategy database
                STRATEGY_ISLAND_ECONOMIC not found in Strategy database
                STRATEGY_ISLAND_SCIENTIST not found in Strategy database
                STRATEGY_ISLAND_ECOTOPIAN not found in Strategy database

follwed by a CTD. Crash log follows:

Version 2010-06-08
                0x006d7d45 [?Init@ctp2_Menu@@AAEXPBD_NP6AXPAV1@W4CTP2_MENU_ACT ION@@HPAX@Z@Z + 0xf5]
                0x006d7b0a [??0ctp2_Menu@@QAE@_NP6AXPAV0@W4CTP2_MENU_ACTION@@H PAX@Z@Z + 0x1a]
                0x006e7b94 [??0ControlPanelWindow@@QAE@PAW4AUI_ERRCODE@@IPADHW 4AUI_WINDOW_TYPE@@@Z + 0xc4]
                0x006e6f15 [?controlpanelwindow_Initialize@@YAHXZ + 0x95]
                0x0040a756 [?InitializeGameUI@CivApp@@AAEHXZ + 0x136]
                0x0040cf7d [?Execute@StartGameAction@@UAEXPAVaui_Control@@II@Z + 0xd]
                0x0040bd03 [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@AAEHIAAI@Z + 0x1b3]
                0x0040c12b [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x11b]
                0x00406e74 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x394]
                0x004068a5 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
                0x0080fbdc [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                0x77bfd0e9 [__onexitbegin + 0x77224191]
                0x77a719bb [__onexitbegin + 0x77098a63]
                0x77a7198e [__onexitbegin + 0x77098a36]

Comment

in all previous versions I have been able to exceed the max city size of 60 by editing the data in the buildings file for improvements like arcologies, aqua filter and aquaduct. this version maxes out at 61 no matter how much I edit. How do I insrease the max city siae in thia version?

Comment

Longtime lurker- CTP II fan with next to no technical skill [can install things like the codec etc, but no programming], but who has spent many hours over the years trying to get it to play.
                    I didn't know whether to post this in this thread, or on its own- sorry if it's in the wrong place.

After taking a couple years off with this due to frustration [see below] I was playing with the newest AE patch [which is really a splendid thing- so many great touches: flags in the diplomacy engine, the national borders, razing cities, etc- really love all of it] when I got to what one might think of as the endgame, 1971 or so. I was going for a science victory when the game corrupted; would crash out. Since I've never done a science victory before I wondered if that was the issue, so I backed up and reloaded, first to 1967, when I had built the improvements but no obelisks- still it crashed [after a few turns of the strange finances others report]. Thus, I backed up to 1952 and just ended my turn repeatedly. It ALWAYS crashes between 1968 and 1972. I had the crash logs enabled in the users.txt file but they don't seem to have been generated anywhere. I tried attaching my game files to this post but it says 'invalid file' when I try to copy my game saves to the board. [Is there a special way to format the game saves so that the message board will take it?]

I've always had a problem with this- different computers, different installations; vanilla, 1.1.. doesn't matter- can't finish the game.
                    I've only been able to complete a couple of bloodlust games, but most corrupt, and every multiplayer LAN game my brother and I have tried locks down somewhere between 1925 and 2020.

In spite of that, my brother and I just tried to do an MP game recently with just 1.11, but invariably one of our computers [this switches] can't run the game- upon loading the program it crashes, says failed to initialize, and displays an error referring to string/line 37; thus, we have to load AE to get it to run the game, but that in turn disables multiplayer.

So, I guess, a couple of questions [other than my savegame question above]. I know this is a buggy game, but is it this buggy? Is it normal to be unable, even with constant saves, minimal terraforming, etc. to complete A: an Apolyton single player game with the 1097 revisions; B: a 1.11 multiplayer game. Two, is it normal to be unable to get the game to load at all [aforementioned str37 error] with an installation of 1.11?
                    And three, since I've seen posts alluding the near impossibility of playtesting MP, does that mean that an Apolyton AE multiplayer is unlikely to happen?

I realize this is pretty much a useless post (I'd happily provide more data if I could) but I'd appreciate any help anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurkalot View Post
                      in all previous versions I have been able to exceed the max city size of 60 by editing the data in the buildings file for improvements like arcologies, aqua filter and aquaduct. this version maxes out at 61 no matter how much I edit. How do I insrease the max city siae in thia version?
                      You also have to edit the citysize.txt files, there is one for each level of difficulty.

-Martin

Comment

You also have to edit the citysize.txt files, there is one for each level of difficulty.

-Martin
                        Thank you Martin working fine now

Comment

The Apolyton CTP2 Source Code team proudly presents the Apolyton CTP2 Edition Revision 1097 from June the 7th 2010.
                          404 not found error
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

yea, cannot download the update.
                            Can someone please fix.

Comment

The site redesign seems to have caused a whole lot of files to go missing.

Comment

Is there a new location for the download of the latest version, I am still playing the version for 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X