Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're also Texan, which doesn't help matters.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

How many threads are actually active on the first page of the Sports Forum? I think you can find the draft threads fairly easily without them being topped.

Seemed quite silly and I'm sad that Ozzy acceded to the request.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm a softie for some nagging.

I'll undo it now.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Imran just looking for any tiny opportunity to thump his chest. He needs his head thumped.
          If there arn't that many active threads, in your mind, why does it bother you? Read up. That's why.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Why did the Draft threads get untopped?

More of the same ol' same ol I guess.

One more example why I hadn't been to this site in quite a long time.

JR can we do this league directly thru yahoo or email next year? I wouldn't want to inconvenience the Mods by making the site more user friendly to the users.

Comment

I guess Ozzy agreed with my argument. 'Cause I didn't do it.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Ozzy - Is it true that you are against topping the draft threads? It was my impression that you didn't want to "make that decision".

I'm just asking because if you don't mind them being topped, and the majority of the current users (the 20+ people participating in the drafts) don't mind them being topped and Imran doesn't mind them being topped....

I assume they will end up being topped until the draft is over.

Comment

*sigh*
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post

I guess Ozzy agreed with my argument. 'Cause I didn't do it.
                    No. For some wild but unknown reason, you intimidate him. Hope you're proud. Bullying poor Ozzy.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

WTF Imran! It was a simple request, politely rendered, and it shouldn't matter either way. So why not be nice to the users?

We all know there's not enough activity for the threads to fall to page 2, but that's not the point. After all, the same is true of the other threads as well. But sticking the draft threads would be more convenient for the posters -- who likely comprise well over half the active posters in Sports Sub.

But God forbid the mods should do anything useful around here.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Sorry. I didn't know it was going to be a really big deal. I'll just shut up.

Comment

@ Ozzy/Imran
                          "

Comment

Top them!
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude View Post
                              Ozzy - Is it true that you are against topping the draft threads? It was my impression that you didn't want to "make that decision".

I'm just asking because if you don't mind them being topped, and the majority of the current users (the 20+ people participating in the drafts) don't mind them being topped and Imran doesn't mind them being topped....
                              Well it seemed Imran did mind them being topped. I untopped them because of his statement to that effect. This is his realm, so I defer to him.

Personally it doesn't matter to me. Doesn't seem like a big deal either way.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                                This is his realm, so I defer to him.

This is OUR realm. He has no "realm" without us.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X