This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Eagles add WR Steve Smith off the Giants! Totally ROFL!

WHAT THE ****?!

How can the Eagles afford all these players?! WHAT THE ****?!

And wow McNabb must be so pissed they never did this when he was the QB!
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Eagles add RB Jim Brown, WR Jerry Rice, and DE Lawrence Taylor tomorrow. Just FYI.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• The interesting thing is that the Eagles haven't had to overpay for most of these additions. They got Smith for $4million total, half guaranteed, for 2 yrs. He's coming off injury, probably starting on the PUP, but caught over 100 passes a couple years ago. It's a fun offense, and they want to ride Vick to a Super Bowl. It's an attractive situation for a free agent.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• It's amazing that they never did this for McNabb all those years, though.

Everybody and their momma wants to play with Mike Vick.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Another Stealth Addition With WR Smith
            The official source of Philadelphia Eagles headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and gameday information. Go Birds!

More to the point, they don't want to play with Eli Manning.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              And wow McNabb must be so pissed they never did this when he was the QB!
              They got him TO...
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Smith is the sixth Pro Bowl player acquired by the Eagles this offseason...
                Everyone else should just give up.

Comment

• Everybody and their momma wants to play with Mike Vick.
                  Is it sad that I know how this train is going to end?

The Eagles couldn't win it last year. What makes you think this year is any different?
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• They can be the Miami Heat of the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      Is it sad that I know how this train is going to end?

The Eagles couldn't win it last year. What makes you think this year is any different?
                      Are you high?

On defense, they added Jason Babin fresh off a 12.5 sack Pro Bowl season to pair with 2-time Pro Bowler Trent Cole. They added big Cullen Jenkins fresh off 7 sacks last year with Green Bay to their defensive line, as well. In the secondary, they had Pro Bowler Asante Samuel but he's now the freaking nickelback behind the best CB in the league, Nnamdi Asomugha, and another Pro Bowl CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

On offense, the explosive Desean Jackson and Lesean McCoy, the very good Jeremy Maclin and Brent Celek, and the sure-handed Jason Avant weren't enough... They added the Giants franchise leader in season receptions Steve Smith and Pro Bowl runningback Ronnie Brown.

Dude, this is insanity. The team was a playoff team last year and it has added a whole another team's worth of stars.

Comment

• Yeah, they have to be the favorites.

Vick was enough of a reason to root against them as it was.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• They'll have to show me. For one thing, they'll stillget approximately the same amount of offensive plays. Who it goes to doesn't matter. For another thing, what they've done isn't particularly what they'll do.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• You know, last year, the Eagles offense was based on Kolb but Vick just took it over. Now, Andy Reid has had a full year to figure out how to build an offense around Vick.

Comment

• Madness. Pro Bowlers go to the Eagles to be backups!

I didn't even know Donald Lee is the 3rd TE on the Eagles. Remember him?

And Casey Matthews at MLB? You know that's Clay's brother, right?

Comment

• You must love being a Giants fan.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X