Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FoxNews--UFO' Hovers Over Jerusalem's Dome of the Rock Shrine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxNews--UFO' Hovers Over Jerusalem's Dome of the Rock Shrine.

A glowing orb filmed hovering over the skyline of Jerusalem has left UFO experts dumbfounded.

The circular object was seen descending slowly over the holy city's iconic Dome of the Rock before flickering and shooting skyward like a rocket. Similar clips have been seen before and debunked as hoaxes. But this latest sighting has proved more difficult to dismiss -- as it was recorded from four different perspectives.

Some UFO enthusiasts believe the videos -- which have taken the Internet by storm -- are final proof that aliens exist, while others say the unidentified object was the Hebrew god Elohim.

Adding to the mystery is the fact that flying over the Dome of the Rock landmark -- an ancient Islamic shrine -- is forbidden.

Two witnesses at the Armon Hanatziv panoramic lookout near Mount Zion filmed the object at 1am on Saturday. A little after one minute into the clip, the object descends slowly, almost to ground level.

The craft hovers there for a short while and then flickers before shooting upwards at an incredible speed.

Former Ministry of Defense UFO investigator Nick Pope said: "If these are real, they are some of the most incredible videos ever shot.

"If they are not, then this is a very well-planned and coordinated hoax designed to eliminate elements of doubt.

"The way it shoots up into the sky suggests it is unmanned, because no living thing could survive those kinds of G-forces.

"We know the Israeli army has some very high-tech drones at its disposal. If this is one, it is one of the most advanced pieces of technology created by man."

Another set of observers also uploaded their mobile phone footage to YouTube on Saturday.

They wrote: "Have fun debunking this one." In their video, the American tourists can be heard saying: "We've seen them in Mississippi like this."

Two other clips filmed from different viewpoints were posted online. Skeptics have noted the views come from perspectives that could make nearby objects seem farther away and faster-moving. Others say the whole thing was faked and have prepared several alternative versions of the videos which they say prove they are not real.

These include stabilized versions in which the brightness and contrast have been increased, which they claim highlights a major flaw of perspective.

Another is motion-tracked, and apparently shows the UFO "bouncing around like crazy" -- which, say the sceptics, shows the makers had trouble inserting it into the scene.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...#ixzz1CvRbWwf9

What do you think? OR OR
    Debuk?

Comments PLEASE!
    Last edited by Docfeelgood; February 3, 2011, 15:45.

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
    ...has left UFO experts dumbfounded.
    Color me surprised.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Hoax > UFO > aliens > Elohim
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I'm wondering about the raygun laws the Aliens will enact once they conquered Earth.
        Blah

Comment

I lol'd at the "Mississippi women". I thought of Bill Hicks and his "UFO Tour" (appearing in the same small southern towns...)
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
            Hoax > UFO > aliens > Elohim

For those who do not know
            Elohim = Hebrew for GOD.

Comment

Yes, I read the article Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                I'm wondering about the raygun laws the Aliens will enact once they conquered Earth.

There was not a in my post

Comment

Adding to the mystery is the fact that flying over the Dome of the Rock landmark -- an ancient Islamic shrine -- is forbidden.
                  What next floating pictures of Mohammed. A jihad on all the alien beings.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Actually, Ogie does unintentionally bring up a good point that I'm sure science fiction writers have explored but I'm just not familiar... what would be the religious response to aliens?
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I have no idea what that would be but I'm sure they would have an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                        Yes, I read the article Doc.
                        I was the one who did not read it

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          Actually, Ogie does unintentionally bring up a good point that I'm sure science fiction writers have explored but I'm just not familiar... what would be the religious response to aliens?
                          good question!

Comment

Borak!
                            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              That would vary widely depending on the religion. The presence of aliens is probably irrelevant to most forms of Buddhism, but considerably more significant to Mormons, due to their belief in becoming gods and populating other worlds with their kids and such. I don't know about Islam or Hinduism (though I'd guess the latter's enormous cosmology would accommodate aliens without much trouble). Christianity...response would still vary widely, even between sects.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X