Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wedding hook-up, or high-school reunion hook-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding hook-up, or high-school reunion hook-up?

This weekend I am attending a wedding and a high-school reunion, which got me thinking -- which is the "better" of the potential hook-up scenarios?
    Wedding hook-up.
    50.00%
    High-school reunion hook-up.
    50.00%
    Other, please elaborate in the space provided.
    0.00%

Reunion. "I'm dating the prom queen (plus twenty years and three hundred pounds and a sex change operation)!"
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Depends, how ugly are you?
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

I forgot to include funeral hook-up, but I'm not attending a funeral this weekend.

Comment

I say wedding

There are always some women feeling a little "passed by' as they see another girl married so they are ripe for hookup

Reunion? I am from a small town so a reunion there would have almost zero probability

my analysis changes markedly if you have an " ex booty call" attending either event
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Funeral hookup is risky if you inadvertently date the murderer.

Comment

I usually get too drunk at weddings to consider hooking up. I went to an all-boys high school, so if I ever have a reunion, trying to hook up with a classmate would be awkward at best.
              Wadsworth: Professor Plum, you were once a professor of psychiatry specializing in helping paranoid and homicidal lunatics suffering from delusions of grandeur.
              Professor Plum: Yes, but now I work for the United Nations.
              Wadsworth: Well your work has not changed.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhead View Post
                I went to an all-boys high school
                Poor you, let me kiss the pain away.

Comment

I wish I could quit you

Comment

Many tried.

Comment

This place is gayer than Christmas.
                      Wadsworth: Professor Plum, you were once a professor of psychiatry specializing in helping paranoid and homicidal lunatics suffering from delusions of grandeur.
                      Professor Plum: Yes, but now I work for the United Nations.
                      Wadsworth: Well your work has not changed.

Comment

In the spirit of the season...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Actually last month I had almost the same scenario, a reunion and wedding within a week of each other. While nothing happened at either, I rated my chances at the reunion better. At the reunion you have a chance to take advantage of missed opportunities. So maybe there was a girl you maybe had a thing for but never acted on in high school. Now is your chance.

For me at least I'm not too good at starting up conversation with people I have never met before and know nothing about. It seems folks like that would be more common at a wedding than a reunion. At least you know something about everyone at the reunion. The point about girls being a bit down being single at a wedding is true, but don't underestimate meeting all your old classmates and realizing you are one of the very few there who isn't married yet.

Plus, as in my case, if your friends getting married is Jewish and all their friends & relatives are Jewish.. well that hurts your chances.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Mojotronica View Post
                            This weekend I am attending a wedding and a high-school reunion, which got me thinking -- which is the "better" of the potential hook-up scenarios?
                            Why limit yourself to just one? With a little bit of effort, there's no reason you shouldn't double your pleasure.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I would say wedding hook up. Single women get very sad (and often drunk) at weddings.

Comment

Working...
                              X