Republicans really do hate gay people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catholics are known lushes.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
      Yes, because both of those could possibly affect your ability to do the job (or make you a risk for robbing your employer, or something). The idea of a pledge assumes your employer has a right to dictate how you act outside the workplace even if it has nothing to do with your job--which is ridiculous. And bordering on illegal, though they don't explicitly mention hiring only Christians.
      What you're forgetting is that it's "freedom" to have your employer demand changes in your personal life. If your employer had to stick to specifying how you will behave while at work, they would be oppressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
        HA HA YOU POINTED OUT IDIOSYNCRASIES IN THE BELIEFS OF EXTREMISTS AND THAT IS FUNNY!!
        I'm sorry you don't like it but hatred of gays is wide spread among Southern Baptists and they're supporting all sorts of extreme measures. A baptist preacher in NC wants to round up all the gays and lesbians in the state and put them into a concentration camp with barbed wire and electrified fences so they can't escape and infect good christian people with their gayness. At least he says he'd actually feed the gays while he waits for them to die out.

Video of a North Carolina pastor preaching that gays and lesbians should be rounded up inside an electric fence is going viral on the Internet, two weeks after North Carolina passed a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage and President Barack Obama voiced personal support for legalizing such marriages.

"I figured a way out, a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers, but I couldn't get it past the Congress," Pastor Charles L. Worley can be seen telling his Providence Road Baptist Church congregation in the video, which had more than 250,000 YouTube views by Tuesday.

"Build a great big, large fence – 50 or a 100 miles long – and put all the lesbians in there,” Worley went on to say in his May 13 sermon at his Maiden, North Carolina, church. “Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals, and have that fence electrified so they can't get out. Feed them. And you know in a few years, they'll die out. You know why? They can't reproduce."

The video had initially been posted on Providence Road’s website but was recently taken down, according to CNN affiliate WBTV-TV in Charlotte.

The phone line at Worley’s church was busy on Monday night and on Tuesday, as was Worley’s home number on Tuesday.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Oh, that's the same guy who told parents they should beat the gay from their children. You know, just keep beating the crap out of them until they agree to stop being gay.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Well, don't get me wrong; I, too, enjoy feeling better about myself by endlessly throwing excoriation-fits over a group of fringe bigots who compensate for their ever-growing social irrelevance with grotesque and implausible schemes. Sometimes I go on Facebook and say, "you see these people? These are BAD PEOPLE." Then I get seventeen "likes" in the first two minutes, and I feel a warm glow inside. I think we all do that sometimes.

But you need to mix it up a little, y'know? It gets stale if you keep going after the same old people. So, every now and then, find a YouTube recording of the latest West Coast conference of the Aryan Union and do a little MST3K treatment of the hotel conference room not-quite-filled with mostly-grey mullets as they shout about rounding up all the black people and shipping them back to Africa. Next time, switch it up by doing the same for the equally pathetic crowds at Nation of Islam. And so on. There's a whole exciting world of angry, tedious people who can be safely ignored by society, except for the police, and they're just waiting for you to feel superior by chewing them out on an internet forum they never visit. Go ahead, give it a shot. Expand your horizons!
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Alternatively, you could consider just visiting their forum, sending them an e-mail, or otherwise addressing them directly, so they can get the benefit of your opinion.
              1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                What you're forgetting is that it's "freedom" to have your employer demand changes in your personal life. If your employer had to stick to specifying how you will behave while at work, they would be oppressed.
                Many employments would be impossible if employers could never reach deeply into their employees' personal lives

Others would be possible but would command much lower wages. Still others challenge exactly what it means for an employer to not be permitted to demand changes in your personal life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                  Many employments would be impossible if employers could never reach deeply into their employees' personal lives

Others would be possible but would command much lower wages. Still others challenge exactly what it means for an employer to not be permitted to demand changes in your personal life.
                  Your post is hopelessly vague.

Comment

• Example 1: spy.

Example 2: spokesperson.

Example 3: professional musician.

Comment

• Professional musician? Really? Because people have to spend time developing a skill in order to be one?

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                        Professional musician? Really? Because people have to spend time developing a skill in order to be one?
                        Professional musician is an example of the third case I mentioned - jobs that challenge exactly what you mean when you say your employer shouldn't be able to demand changes in your personal life. Imagine there were pictures on Facebook of Miley Cyrus with a bong (back when she was signed with Disney and was still 'wholesome'). I imagine Disney would not have renewed her contract when it came up - effectively firing her. (They almost certainly even had clauses in the contract immediately terminating it if something like that happened.) How are you supposed to tell Disney that they have to continue hiring her - clearly she would have been 'fired' for something in her personal life.

Comment

• Well, that just proves Disney is terrible

Comment

• TLDR thread, just stopping by to stir the pot. I think it's perfectly OK to bounce a judicial nominee because of recent and long-term activism demonstrating an unlikelihood of impartiality on the subject.

Please continue your hateful anti-Christian bigotry.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Yes. You haven't read the thread, but it must be an anti-Christian hate-fest because some people support gay rights. Please continue your prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                                Professional musician is an example of the third case I mentioned - jobs that challenge exactly what you mean when you say your employer shouldn't be able to demand changes in your personal life. Imagine there were pictures on Facebook of Miley Cyrus with a bong (back when she was signed with Disney and was still 'wholesome'). I imagine Disney would not have renewed her contract when it came up - effectively firing her. (They almost certainly even had clauses in the contract immediately terminating it if something like that happened.) How are you supposed to tell Disney that they have to continue hiring her - clearly she would have been 'fired' for something in her personal life.
                                And if a professor from Shorter University got in the news for going on a drunken bender that wound up with him fleeing from police after trying to drive his car through a store, I'd expect him to have career difficulties whether he had signed a pledge or not. Scandals aren't a matter of the employee's personal life, but of the employer's reputation.
                                1011 1100

Comment

Working...
                                X