No announcement yet.

Do Brits drink iced tea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it really that unusual to ask for a cup of green tea?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well green tea you get, but if you've popped round to someone's house, it probably isn't on offer. You might be able to get Earl Grey or something.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well, if you just for tea here, it will default to black. I haven't been asked for the color, and if I want something other than black tea, I will ask what teas they have.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

No milk? Please tell me you don't do something terrible like put a slice of lemon in it
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Wikipedia says iced tea makes up about 85% of all tea consumed in the US.

Though the Southern stuff isn't even tea. More like tea-flavored sugar.
            That comment would make more sense if sweet tea wasn't a liquid.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
              No milk? Please tell me you don't do something terrible like put a slice of lemon in it
              Well Green Tea isn't supposed to have milk .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

What is it with this green tea obsession?
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

It's healthy.

It's also tasty.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I hate tea. But I hate sweet tea slightly less than normal tea.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                      It's healthy.

It's also tasty.
                      This

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                        Well green tea you get, but if you've popped round to someone's house, it probably isn't on offer. You might be able to get Earl Grey or something.
                        Pop round my house and there's nothing on offer. Or rather, the box of tea I have in my house has only ever been used by you.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

That's true...hope it is still there
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I drink hot tea too, but when it gets to be eighty degrees (Fahrenheit, that is), it's just not pleasant to drink anything hot. I generally drink black only, steeped for ages, straight up with no cream, sugar, lemon or whatever. I'll do stuff like Earl/Lady Grey or other flavored teas from time to time. I don't consider Rooibos or herbal tisanes to be "tea" any more than carob is chocolate. I feel somewhat strongly about it after all the times I've been offered tea, accepted, and been given a choice between two different kinds of potpourri-water. Camellia sinensis, aka "the tea plant," you turds! It'd be so much easier if I liked coffee.

As for green tea, that's at least the right plant, but it tastes like lawn clippings to me so I shun it. If you like it, more power to you. Oh, and while I'm being cranky: Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-10-02-557tea.gif
Views:	1
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	9093152
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Yeah, coffee...well I tend to drink coffee when I am on the continent and tea when I am in Old Blighty...you just can't get a decent cuppa elsewhere With loads of milk too.
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                                That doesn't surprise me. It's become very popular, and I think it's a healthier choice than soda.
                                Depends. Most of it is loaded with sugar.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X