• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like a great show

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
      Everyone has English accents.

How am I supposed to know who the bad guys are?

yes, very hard to understand with that guttural, nasal accent.

Comment

Whooooooosh!

Comment

Nice one, Cort.

I'm interested, but not sold. I've never read the books. It's the first episode, with lots of intoductions, so I'll cut it some slack. It's also HBO, which allows me to cut some more slack and also roll my eyes a bit at the gratuitous T&A (T&A is nice, don't get me wrong, but there's ways of doing it right and ways of doing it just so you can do it, 'cause you're HBO, b*tches!). The marriage consumation scene was effing disturbing.

The cast seems pretty good. The guy who plays the boy who would be King was excellent at making me hate him. The guy playing the Queen's brotherlover was also very good. Sean Bean was, as usual, solid. His tomboy daughter looks like she could become a fun character. Lecherdwarf should be fun too.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Agreed with you on the characters. I should also note that I found the elder daughter of Sean Bean to be positively insufferable and in dire need of a good smack from mom.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Yes, which as I gather (I did some reading up on the series after I saw the episode) is another example of the acress nailing her part.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                Agreed with you on the characters. I should also note that I found the elder daughter of Sean Bean to be positively insufferable and in dire need of a good smack from mom.
                I'd let the dwarf do it.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you have a dwarf fixation, Wezil...
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    Indeed, that is the point.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Well I recorded it last night and we'll see. It's been so long since I read the first book (about 15 years), we'll see if I remember anything at all.
                      But at least I have a vague recollection of there being a set of twins and a dwarf so maybe it will jog my memory.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

HBO just officially announced that they're going ahead with book 2 next year.
                        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

never heard of it, but I'll give it a look

I assume this is some medieval english drama loosely based on the royal families?

its on tonight

Comment

The author was born in Jersey, and not really loosely based on anything.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I thought it was pretty much a given that it was at least loosely based on the War of the Roses. It's definitely got a medieval English wrangling-for-power vibe to it. Add in some sorcery, mythical creatures and swarthy easterners and there ya go!

-Arrian

Comment

It is very loosely based on the Wars of the Roses.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X