23. (228) Jason Arnott
    (StL - C)
    24. (233) Brandon Yip
    (Col - RW)
    25. (248) Kevin Bieksa
    (Van - D)
    26. (253) Bill Guerin
    (Phi - RW)

While I like Jarome etc etc if I were drafting I would have gone for younger than him and Lecav as the first two forwards. I also would NOT have used 3 of my first 6 picks for goalies.

I agree with Ben as far as that goes-- However Ben, the fact a guy like Oshie is 25 (24 currently actually) is not reason enough to draft him. I agree Oshi is a solid player but his upside seems to be 60 points-- thats fine but lots of guys on this team are in that range with far more PIMS, s shots and hits etc etc
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I agree with Ben as far as that goes-- However Ben, the fact a guy like Oshie is 25 (24 currently actually) is not reason enough to draft him. I agree Oshi is a solid player but his upside seems to be 60 points-- thats fine but lots of guys on this team are in that range with far more PIMS, s shots and hits etc etc
      You have a lot of keeper spots. You want to lock-in players who are going to cost you more to acquire. Letting better players go isn't necessarily a bad thing, if you can get better players to replace them.

Now, if you think you can get Oshie back for what it cost this guy to buy, great, go ahead and expose him. But, if he's going to be more expensive then you end up paying for the decline phase of your big guns.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        You have a lot of keeper spots. You want to lock-in players who are going to cost you more to acquire. Letting better players go isn't necessarily a bad thing, if you can get better players to replace them.

Now, if you think you can get Oshie back for what it cost this guy to buy, great, go ahead and expose him. But, if he's going to be more expensive then you end up paying for the decline phase of your big guns.
        THis is mainly gibberish--- MY point is that I don't think I want Oshie-- I see upside of 60 points-- I see not much additional in the way of PP or PIMS or SOG to rank him higher. Yahoo ranks him with a rank of 277 and an O-Rank of 315 so anyone using either during the draft would NOT EVEN SEE HIM coming up the boards until late rounds. Now a more astute drafter nmight have noted his injury shortened numbers and rank him higher but thats a risk I am prepared to take. On perceived value to others etc etc, he is a guy you wait on. EVERY other player I am looking at taking has a ranking of less than 150 and some of them are YOUNGER than Oshie. On perceived value out there, Oshie is lesser than a lot of guys.

I had hoped Ben you night have some actual logic like you heard Oshie was moving to the first string PP or was going to be on a line with X or Y or even an opinion that youi believed him to be ready for a breakout 70 point season

I actually throught you would argue in favor of Burrows
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Guy I agree on Richards. Keep him.
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I had hoped Ben you night have some actual logic like you heard Oshie was moving to the first string PP or was going to be on a line with X or Y or even an opinion that youi believed him to be ready for a breakout 70 point season
            Well I do believe he has the pontential for a breakout season. I believe he's going to go higher than his yahoo rank, he's a young guy with talent who may or may not pan out. Again. YMMV.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I actually throught you would argue in favor of Burrows
              From what I can see, now I may be wrong about your league, but you've got at least 1 canuck fan in it. That makes Burrows more valuable as bait than on your team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Well I do believe he has the pontential for a breakout season. I believe he's going to go higher than his yahoo rank, he's a young guy with talent who may or may not pan out. Again. YMMV.

Ooooh ben -- way to take a stand LOL

I did not keep Oshie-- Its partly positional-- There are fewer good scorers on the wings than at centre so given the choice between a similarly scoring winger and C and I take the winger.

I don't discount that he could breakout but I think its equally likely that Benn or Neal break out and the projections for those guys are currently higher (or they have more hits and PIMS)

MY attention has actually turned to my other league where we keep 3 players

I kept

H sedin
                Backstrom (Washington)
                Crawford

I am not liking these keepers since they are weak on hitting and PMs. I would have drafted for toughness throughout but it made no sense to discard an elite player like Sedin.

I have Sedin on the trade block before the draft-- I was hoping to get something like E Staal and a 1st round pick or maybe a package of picks

I do have an offer out to one manager offering Sedin for Claude Giroux and his top 2 picks ( he drafts early so I could get Iggy, Kesler, Miller or Price with one of those picks and probably someone like Scott Hartnell , Skinner, Weber etc with the other-- I think overall I am asking too much and if he gave Giroux plus his second and fourth round picks (really 5th and 7th )or something that would be good
                Last edited by Flubber; September 20, 2011, 16:31.

Comment

Ooooh ben -- way to take a stand LOL
                  I don't have strong opinions about Oshie.

Comment

I just concluded my first trade in my pools (3 keeper players-- 25 player rosters with offensive categories being G A +/- PIM PPP SHP Hits)

I trade Niklas backstrom (Wash) along with my 11th and 22nd round picks for a 1st round, 4th round and 9th round pick. Among the non-keepers available are Miller, Price, Vokoun, Iginla, Weber, Doughty, Chara

I expect a pretty monster season from backstrom but on this format I am just as happy with most of the guys above and know I can turn those other two earlier picks into something good

heck I could easily get a Duchene, neal, Subban or similar with the 4th rounder-- and the upgarde of a 9th rounder for an 11th-- thats just nice
                    Last edited by Flubber; September 22, 2011, 18:25.

Comment

Oh and in actual play-- they start actual play in a few weeks

The Flames Canucks split squad was a bit anticlimactic-- Flames vets beat Canuck rookies in Calgary and Vancouver vets returned the favour at home against the Falmes rookies--

they are talking Kesler might miss a month of the season-- it won't matter since the canucks should win the division easily but for the pools its tough to know where to draft the guy

Comment

He lasted a long time in ours.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Some classy fan in London, Ontario threw a banana at Wayne Simmonds tonight.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Who kicked the fan's ass?
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Nobody could find him
                              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Leanne, Asher or Flubber....any insight out of Calgary on James Martin and his chances of making the team this year? I expected him to come back to Kootenay and be one of their 20 year olds, but the Flames signed him today, so it doesn't look like he's coming back but now I'm wondering if he will make the Flames or be sent immediately to the minors or what.....any thoughts?

He was my favourite defenseman on the Ice last year, and I was surprised he hadn't been drafted. Curious to see how the signing works out for them.

/me
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X