New ``Worms'' tileset for freeciv.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ``Worms'' tileset for freeciv.

Hello. I've just found this forum and see that quite some people attend here to talk about freeciv.

I just wanted to inform you about a new freeciv tileset I'm working on now:

http://geocities.com/pupitetris/Code/Freeciv-Worms/

The progress is at 50% and I'd very much appreciate any suggestions you may send.

Greetings,
    Arturo

I haven't actually seen it yet (either GeoCities or my ISP is being very slow!) but one question worth asking is do you own the copyright?

If you are using any graphics from the actual Worms games, there may be legal implications...

P.S. You have reminded me I have a couple of tilesets that need some work...

Comment

All of the tileset is original work... it is just inspired on the other game.

You can also check http://freeciv.org/~vas/Freeciv-Worms/ where Vasco did us the favor of mirroring the page.

Greetings,
      Arturo
      Last edited by arturoea; October 26, 2003, 19:20.

Comment

I absolutely love this tileset

I can't help out at all, but it's great to see some variety coming into the Freeciv world!

Comment

I updated the mirror site at my webpage in freeciv.org.

Comment

I totally love those citizen smilies. They should be in the standard tileset!

Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

They are very nice. I'd love to see them in action? A screenshot, maybe?

Perhaps there should be some bigger difference between content and happy icons, though?

Comment

Originally posted by Per
                They are very nice. I'd love to see them in action? A screenshot, maybe?

Perhaps there should be some bigger difference between content and happy icons, though?

On the city screen they would be shown in the right order. It would quickly become apparent what is what for a player. Happy faces at the left, contend in the middle, sad faces right of that and angry faces at the end.

Besides the graphics are in SVG. I've just tried sodipodi and I must say it's got one of the most clean interfaces I've seen in a GPL program. If those smilies need another tint. Open the SVG file, pick another colour and voila!
                Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Working...
                X