idea for reducing DL's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idea for reducing DL's

While DL's seem pretty rare (from what I've seen; the mods may know differently), the vast majority of the ones I've seen have been created to troll the OT forum. Wouldn't a simple way to reduce this sort of thing be to require a certain number of posts before you can post in the OT?

That would drop apolytoners from 40,000 to 400 I guess
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Maybe they would start trolling here to meet the posting limits?
      Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Rquire a certain number of posts before you can start trolling?

I wonder if it is even possible to restrict posting in a certain forum by the number of posts? Besides it would limit the legitimate users that register only to sp... post in OT.
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

Hi...........

As this has been posted about 3 minutes after skywalker has kindly DL danced with myself, I thought I might as well give an opinion.
          Post count and valid comment are different things.
          Besides, who cares about DL's if debate/exchange of ideas/alternative viewpoints is seen.
          If some of the posters here have DL's and they are fun/ provocative, yet remain within the regulations.............
          Well, seriously, who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
            Maybe they would start trolling here to meet the posting limits?
            Well, but think about who would want to make a DL? Spam sharks. Why would they want to troll this place with their DL? They would rather do it with their main account and get the +1 (or more like +10, before the mods get here). So, sky's idea might just have some merit.
            XBox Live: VovanSim
            xbox.com (login required)
            Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
            Spore page

Comment

If you set up posting restrictions... people would just spam the on topic forums. The whole idea of the OT is to keep spam and off topic discussion out of the on topic forums...

DL's aren't really a major problem. We don't actively hunt them down unless they are obvious or unless they cause problems. If someone creates a DL to troll... insult people... or get around a restriction, then we hunt them down
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

DL's add to the atmosphere of Apolyton

Comment

We don't actively hunt them down unless they are obvious or unless they cause problems.

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by flipside
                    Hi...........

As this has been posted about 3 minutes after skywalker has kindly DL danced with myself, I thought I might as well give an opinion.
                    Post count and valid comment are different things.
                    Besides, who cares about DL's if debate/exchange of ideas/alternative viewpoints is seen.
                    If some of the posters here have DL's and they are fun/ provocative, yet remain within the regulations.............
                    Well, seriously, who cares?
                    Technically speaking, using a DL isn't within the regulations.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                      We don't actively hunt them down unless they are obvious or unless they cause problems.
                      So if I created a new DL named "GhengisFarb's DL" that would qualify as obvious?

Comment

Uhhhh.... yeah
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

So if I created a new DL named "GhengisFarb's DL" that would qualify as obvious?
                          Try this: "NOT GhengisFarb's DL"

That should sneak by.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Deathtongue

Try this: "NOT GhengisFarb's DL"

That should sneak by.
                            Great idea! Or maybe "I Hate GhengisFarb".

Maybe not, I might develop a complex......................

Comment

So can I create a DL if it's not obviously mine?

Comment

Working...
                              X