• Show
Clear All

• Turns (Classic Game Smac I)

Welcome
    Turn sent to gainas
    Best regards,
    Kratylos
    www.civ.org.pl

You sent the turn to me, but I play the University, not Gaians. Please send the turn to Flubber: xxxxsharris4141@yahoo.comxxxx without the x's.

Comment

No turn seen here yet
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

turn send to minutemirage@hotmail.com

sorry re-send to sharris4141@yahoo.com
        Last edited by Kratylos; October 21, 2003, 10:42.
        Best regards,
        Kratylos
        www.civ.org.pl

Comment

Originally posted by Kratylos
          turn send to minutemirage@hotmail.com
          That's indeed my address, and I received the turn, but Flubber is playing the Gaians so he should get the save. Anyway, I sent the turn onward to Flubber.

Comment

and now I have it twice LOL-- will be passed onward in a couple of minutes
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

2101 sent to Kratylos of the Spartans.

----

What rules are we using by the way?

Comment

2101 to Minutemirage

Oh for ease of reference

Kratylos - Spartans. (krawczykm@plusnet.pl)
                Net Warrior - PeaceKeepers (Billci54@hotmail.com)
                Flubber - Gaians (Sharris4141 AT yahoo DOT com
                Minute Mirage - University minutemirage AT hotmail DOT com

ALSO please please please use a more descriptive filename than "turn1"-- THe naming convention most commonly used is gamename-player-year so the turn I sent was "classic-minute-2101". I ask that you all adopt this method for naming files. Remember minutemirage that you will do the year change so your outgoing turn should be classic-kratylos-2102.

Other points

1. who are we sending passwords too?? There is nothing worse than having a good game going and not being able to continue when someone disappears.

2. There are a number of settings and preferences that carry over from turn to turn. I have changed some of them to what I prefer ,( map grid on, fog of war on etc etc). Any of us can tinker with these to how we want to view and play the game as we want EXCEPT

-- ALWAYS investigate MONOLITH should never be turned on
                -- any and all options related to automatic moving of units ( such as aircraft at fuel limits automatically returning to base) should always be OFF--

3. I don't see mentioned what rules we are playing--There are variations . . . Are we playing with the apolyton " tournament rules". If we are, I would like to clarify two points

a) are we playing with stockpile energy on--
                b) Were people agreed that only one human controlled faction can win

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                  I ask that you all adopt this method for naming files. Remember minutemirage that you will do the year change so your outgoing turn should be classic-kratylos-2102.
                  Umm... shouldn't Net Warrior be doing this? Turn order:

Flubber - Gaians (Sharris4141 AT yahoo DOT com
                  Minute Mirage - University minutemirage AT hotmail DOT
                  Kratylos - Spartans. (krawczykm@plusnet.pl)com
                  Net Warrior - PeaceKeepers (Billci54@hotmail.com)

Other points

1. who are we sending passwords too?? There is nothing worse than having a good game going and not being able to continue when someone disappears.
                  DilithiumDad suggested Mongoose in the other thread, what about him? Any reliable player is fine with me, and I agree that we need to find someone.

3. I don't see mentioned what rules we are playing--There are variations . . . Are we playing with the apolyton " tournament rules". If we are, I would like to clarify two points

a) are we playing with stockpile energy on--
                  b) Were people agreed that only one human controlled faction can win
                  Both a) and b) are fine with me, even if a) provides a little more micromanagement.

Comment

Sorry

I thought we were already listed in turn order . . . I play classic so infrequently that the idea that the order of the factions is set or regular is foreign to me LOL.

I don't find that using stockpile adds much micromanagement at all-- I just add it after every unit when I start the unit . .. before I was even aware of this bug I used to place stockpile in the queue after units as a reminder to change the build orders. I like the additional energy and believe it speeds up the game a little.

Comment

Sorry

I thought we were already listed in turn order . . . I play classic so infrequently that the idea that the order of the factions is set or regular is foreign to me LOL.
                      Me too, I spent a good while wondering why I couldn't choose Progenitor Psych as the next tech. Actually, I think I last played a classic SMAC game about three years ago. Btw, we are using the 5.0 patch, aren't we?

I don't find that using stockpile adds much micromanagement at all-- I just add it after every unit when I start the unit . .. before I was even aware of this bug I used to place stockpile in the queue after units as a reminder to change the build orders. I like the additional energy and believe it speeds up the game a little.
                      I'm not used to placing SE in queues like you are, but the democracy game is changing my ways. I think the industrious factions benefit more from this bug than the others, but like I said, using this is fine with me.

Comment

Agreed-- It probably most benefits the Hive as their PS/planned social choices make it good for them to have a LOT of units-- but since none of us are playing the Hive, I don't think it makes a big difference

Comment

"Classic 2102 to Gaians" is the way I like to send my saved moves out as The Peacekeepers. If there's a strong objection, please let me know.
                          Both a and b are ok with me. I'm also playing the v5.0 patch.

Net Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by Net Warrior
                            "Classic 2102 to Gaians" is the way I like to send my saved moves out as The Peacekeepers. If there's a strong objection, please let me know.
                            Net Warrior
                            NO objection-- anything sufficiently descriptive is fine-- -- I just like to put the recipient players name ( instead of the faction name) in there as a reminder so that when I am opening it or zipping it I know who the turn is for. With about a dozen Pbems in progress, I have to think for a second about which faction I am ( I am currently playing as the Gaians, Drones, Hive , Uni, Morganites, Angels, Pirates, Believers)--

I believe I am fully patched, never had an issue. IIRC doesn't the latest SMax patch incorporate the corresponding patch for SMAC.

Comment

Rule point

Since the Ultimate Builders Map is a " known map", we must all feel free to take a look at all the terrain features of this map ( by downloading or opening up a blank copy). THis makes things equally fair to people that have played the map before and those that have not.

I am playing this map at the moment in another PBEM so I couldn't avoid looking at it even if I wanted.

Comment

Working...
                              X