Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victoria Gold!

Title says it all really.
    First posted on a gaming site or two before Patric confirmed it.
    Now the countdown to actual retail release begins ...

Already pre-ordered this one (a bit expensive due to S&H..but it's worth it)...seems like it has the best features of both HoI and EUII...(from all the information released until now...including the Germany 1914 AAR and the Sweden gameplay video!)

Now, hopefully they can concentrate on Crusader Kings (CK)...even if beta-testing on it has just started, the game's been hyped and has been in development for a longer time (despite the apparent problems with Snowball)....will still probably be out next year though (would be really weird if it didn't).
    DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Where can I get hold of that video?

Comment

You find the video inside this thread.

BTW, you should really check out the AAR section too!
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I'm buying Victoria without question as I'm very impressed with Paradox's support. They have restored my faith in them ever since patch 1.05c for HOI.
          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

So when can we expect to see it in Stores?
            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Looks like it won't be here till Feb
              Visit http://www.civgaming.net/

Comment

Looks like it won't be here at all.
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Yes indeed. Why do you ask?
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                    Isnt paradox swedish?
                    Yes, but their releases are normally on their biggest market first. EU was released first in Germany (they did not at the time have a publisher for US), the other titles first in US. Scandinavia have IIRC always been the second place it was released in.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Wilkinson
                      Looks like it won't be here till Feb
                      BS! The game will be for sale from a month on nearly everywhere, except some few places where the local publishers has decided to wait. But you seem to be from GB, so no problem for you at least. In Belgium though, things looks gim for the moment, as no publishers there has been interested so far...
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Will be on sale from about November 18th or so, IIRC, according to Paradox, by Strategy First (the U.S. publisher)....still, I wouldn't expect it to arrive at the same date in all locations worldwide...(heck, I have pre-ordered it precisely because of that).
                        DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

It's just EU2 which continues up to WW1 right?
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

No. It's a whole new game. Much improved, with new and better ways to model for example colonization, and with a revised system for diplomacy. It all ways the best of HoI and EU2, but mostly the latter. Or so it's said.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                              BS! The game will be for sale from a month on nearly everywhere, except some few places where the local publishers has decided to wait. But you seem to be from GB, so no problem for you at least. In Belgium though, things looks gim for the moment, as no publishers there has been interested so far...
                              Actually not necessarily true. In the case of the UK, Paradox apparently still has been unable to locate a publisher, so by the time one is located you're looking at around a February time for release. I'm unclear in Paradox was unwilling to use the same publisher they have utilized for previous games, or are having trouble attracting a Publisher's interest.

Comment

Working...
                              X