• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...LOL - by which he means illegal copies of course
    EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

Victoria has been pirateted...that sucks.
      Visit http://www.civgaming.net/

Comment

Originally posted by uglyduck
        ...LOL - by which he means illegal copies of course
        I mean absolutely legal copies. There are no illegal copies of those two games in Russia. Russian pirates don't have balls to copy games published by Snowball.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb

I mean absolutely legal copies. There are no illegal copies of those two games in Russia. Russian pirates don't have balls to copy games published by Snowball.

What? Does Snowball have their own hit squads?
          "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Who knows, it's Russia!

BTW, uglyduck: What are you tw otalking about? Is it something with you and the Oaradox forums agian?
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Nuts.

Just read through 'the thread' on the Paradox forums.
              I hope that the reviewer responsible for leaking it gets it in the neck and that the whole incident doesn't have too much of a negative impact ...

[Edit: I wonder - If the released version did have a unique identifier - could Paradox tailor future patches not to recognise it - a little like Stardock and Galactic Civs I guess?]

Comment

Victoria has been pirateted...that sucks.
                It's not that big a deal, just alot of scare mongering and witch hunting going on in the official forums because no one has anything better to do while they wait for the game. Of course, Patric cheering them on and droping ridiculous threats like "maybe we won't make any patches..." isn't helping any.

Every game is pirated, often a week before it's released in the stores, and this won't have any impact on the sales. Having it pirated week early isn't going to stop people from buying it, just as having it pirated a week later wouldn't stop anyone from downloading it. If it has any effect, it will just be from people who are 'demoing' the game before buying it, and as long as they make a quality product they have nothing to worry about in that regard.

Originally posted by ravagon
                [Edit: I wonder - If the released version did have a unique identifier - could Paradox tailor future patches not to recognise it - a little like Stardock and Galactic Civs I guess?]
                It's common practice to change the copy protection when making a new patch to inconveniance pirates and make them get a new crack, but it really doesn't amount to much. And it can actually inconveniance the customer just as much, or more. They changed the protection on Eu2 alot, sometimes turning it off or changing it in each patch, and because of that, there was one version where my CD wouldn't work due to the new copy protection they added.

By the way, the 'unique identifier' of Galactic Civilizations (ie. CD keys) didn't last very long either, as they quickly made a key generator for it.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I'm glad the pirated version has been released, since this game won't be released in Belgium officially any way

Comment

Oh, you can be sure it will be released sometime. Paradox just have to find someone willing to publish it.

BTW, that pirate BS doesn't belong here.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

If the game's not being released officially in your country, you can just order it online...pretty painless, eh?

In any case, the buzz is that it seems that the game may be rather hard to play without a manual....bad news for pirates, good news for legal buyers.
                      DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

I must say that I doubt that, based on experience from earlier PAradox releases.

Comment

I betatested the game, and I can asure you the manual is so much better than the previos paradox manuals.

Comment

That's good to know. I've understood that it is Patric that have made it this time, and not someone from outside of Paradox?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                              I must say that I doubt that, based on experience from earlier PAradox releases.
                              Except that those earlier releases had a tutorial...Victoria doesn't.

Still, Perhaps, but then again I'm just the messenger....

That's what some people on the Paradox forums are saying, can't confirm if it's true.
                              DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

It had a "tutorial" to be more precise. It's right that Vickie won't have a tutorial, but I for one don't see that as a huge loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X