How bad is female circumcision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad is female circumcision?

this seems to be one of those universal bad things that every group of every political persuasion can agree on being bad... my boy though was saying how on that issue, people have basically just given into the hype.

apparently, the main problems resulting from circumcision are sanitary issues that can easily be resolved in a hospital setting. the only inherent effect of female circumcision is a degradation of female sexual pleasure.

the thing is though... we practice male circumcision which supposedly also lowers sexual pleasure. are we being any better than some Nigerians just because we chose to fool around with the genitals of a different gender?

or is female circumcision much worse than male circumcision? cause it seems ironic and kind of sad if we are basically practicing the same thing we universally abhore.

something to think about...
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Not having read your other current thread, I must say that having the two, titled as they are, in such close proximity vaguely disturbing...
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Comment

From what I've heard about it, female circumcision is equivalent to having someone doing a male circumcision. With a wakazshi.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay

Is that your plan for dealing with your girl's overprotective mother AS?
          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
          XGalaga.

Comment

I was thinking, more the mother's plan for the gf.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

The intent behind male circumcision is primarily medical, as it historically reduced risk of infection. Current medical studies have shown that in areas where clean water is readily available, with no risk of biological agents, male circumcision is not necessary. It is becoming somewhat less common in a large part of the world.

It's also done in infancy, and the sexual effect is most likely fairly small (it's not like there's any shortage of nerve endings after the fact.)

Female circumcision is done totally for the purpose of controlling women sexually, it is done generally at or around puberty when the clitoris is more exposed and accessible, and it is more akin to amputation than circumcision.

Tell you what, Albert - next time you're looking at your shlongola, think about someone taking the equivalent of garden shears and removing 90% of it.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

What is a wakazshi?

Comment

probably a very blunt instrument of some description.
                  (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by spartak
                    probably a very blunt instrument of some description.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wakizashi

Actually its the shorter of a smaurais two swords.
                    (+1)

Comment

As a female I wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

About male circumcision:-

It's also done in infancy, and the sexual effect is most likely fairly small (it's not like there's any shortage of nerve endings after the fact.)

Ive always had a problem with this idea. I am uncircumcised, and when Im hanging out in my boxers and my skin is rolled back, I chafe something chronic. Its so bad Ive got to roll my skin back over to stop it hurting. I imagine had I had my skin chopped off I would get desensitized.

If not then theres a hell of a lot of Americans in a hell of a lot of pain.

edit to clarify quote
                        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Actually its the shorter of a smaurais two swords.

Used primarily for beheading defeated enemies, IIRC.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Snotty's right, but I notice that problem less if I wear tighty whities.(go on, say bad things about me for it, I don't care and I need the anger to keep me awake to argue with Asher.)
                            American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                            I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                            Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                            XGalaga.

Comment

Basically, Excision (this is what we are talking about) is solely intended for the girl not to have any sexual pleasure in life. Male circumcision has very little effect on sexual pleasure, while excision means the excised woman will not feel any pleasure in the area. Besides, the way it's performed is most often dangerous for its victims, unlike the health-oriented male circumcision.

Excision is intended to strip women a part of their personality (sexual pleasure and sexual initiative) and nothing else. For many excised women, the only way to get sexual pleasure is sodomy. IIRC, you're not a big advocate of this practice
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X