cannot locate civ 3 disk error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot locate civ 3 disk error

i downloaded the demo for civ 3 when the demo ran out i bought it online and it said i wouldnt receive a disk
    i down loaded and installed the patches and now it says it needs the disk every time i start it

and

also i forgot i removed the patches but it still doesnt work please help i like this game

Comment

You should contact Atari, for they have obviously made a mistake. If you can proove that you have bought the game, they'll either send you a CD or send you a correct .exe file.

Be aware that patches (I mean, updates) are intended for the normal, CD-based game. As far as I know, the "Civ3 Game Of the Year" demo is supposed to include all the patches already, so you don't have to download patches. Be also aware that patches released for the "Play the World" expansion will not work with Civ3 GOTY.

The problem is: once you install a patch, it does change the Civ3.exe so that it demands the CD. Save for uninstalling Civ3 altogether, and reinstalling here after that with only the no-CD patch Atari sent to you, there is no way past it.

In all cases, be sure to keep all your installation files (Whatever Atari sent to you after you bought the game, proof that you have bought the game, demo installation files). It will help if you have other problems.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
      X