Letting Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letting Go

I held on for nearly two years. You don't want to lose it, because it's the best thing you've ever had and you don't know if something like that will ever come your way again.

You spend the first sixteen years of your life pining after various girls, and the closest thing you ever come to sexual contact is having your first major obsession tap your desk as she walks past.

Then it all changes and you have something truly amazing, truly special. All the other nerds wonder how you did it, and you're forced to admit that this fantastic girl almost literally just fell in your lap.

But lives change. People walk other paths. As they say, all good things must come to an end.

Hey everybody, let's tell first breakup stories and make Lorizael feel better. Ugh.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

make Lorizael feel better

I'm not going the tell the story but to make you feel better, she's gone for over two years now and it still hurts a lot.

I'm probably not even close to the letting go stage and certainly not ready for anything new.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

My first girlfriend broke up with me over the phone. Over the PHONE. Least she could have done after two years was tell me to my face. She was away at school, and said she didn't want to feel like she was holding me back. Huh? Wonder who felt held back.

Worst part was, I had a week of vacation coming up that I had planned on spending with her. Instead I spent the time moping around the house.
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Look at it this way. Soon you'll move on to more experienced women, and they'll really rock your world. You'll laugh about the horrid sex you used to have as a teenager.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

True, woman only start to be interesting at 25. Funny that actually, as they much more ahead during the teenage years.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

My HS gf... Well, we pretty much knew that it would end once we graduated (or me, as she was a year behind me). When I did, the day of, I told her, she agreed, knew it was coming, etc...

Over the summer we just started seeing less and less of each other as I got ready for school, hung out with friends I knew I would keep, etc... By the time I left for school she came by with her new "boyfriend", not sure if they were at that stage yet, and it was a guy I knew and liked well enough, so it was cool.

Basically, we kept it real. We knew that HS romances hardly ever work out and that we just wanted to have fun when we were young. While I "loved" her and think about her still from time to time, it was nothing compare to the love I have for my wife whom I met at college.

To expect to marry your HS sweetheart is a pipe dream, and is something many HS kids think will happen. In order to do so many things will have to transpire for this to happen, and it is a 1:1000 shot. I do have friends from HS who dated then and got married. As I follwed their relationship over the past 12 years I see how rocky it was. Today, however, they are a strong and devoted couple, but only after years counciling due to their cheating hearts.

We weren't interested in marriage. I learned a few years a go that she too went off to college and is now married to some guy just out of dental school. Good for her.

Don't worry Lorizael, if it were meant to be it would of been. Life just has someone else in mind for you.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

My first, HS girlfriend and I had a breakup whose drama didn't even reach high school level. So I won't tell you about that.

But I will tell you about my first *real* girlfriend, Christine. She was a good friend of mine from high school, and we both ended up in Boulder, CO after a year of college and were both staying in Boulder for some time. We clicked.

Flash forward seven months: we're still together and I'm heavily depressed because of being away from my good friends in California for so long. I was an ass to her and was emotionally distant, but she made up for all that (and more) by suddenly breaking it off one fateful day in February.

The 14th day of February, to be precise.
              the good reverend

Comment

Re: Letting Go

Originally posted by Lorizael
                Hey everybody, let's tell first breakup stories and make Lorizael feel better. Ugh.
                I posted it a while ago.

Mine was really horrible. I am still uncomfortable thinking about it, a decade later.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                  My first girlfriend broke up with me over the phone. Over the PHONE.
                  That happened to me at the end of a year long relationship. We got back together three months later and that time she was kind enough to break up with me in person.

[/quote]
                  Worst part was, I had a week of vacation coming up that I had planned on spending with her. Instead I spent the time moping around the house. [/QUOTE]

How about breaking up with someone a week before your supposed to fly with her to Texas to attend her brother's wedding and meet her parents. I mean work days were taken off, plane tickets bought, tux rental paid for, ect...
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                  X