Tent of the Chief of Staff, HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent of the Chief of Staff, HQ

Alright, countrymen. Regardless of the bickering politicians in their armchairs forming a government or not, the fight for the Promised Land as attested in the Bible continues, and as they talk in their plush chairs, our boys are out there fighting the bravely against the heathen that wishes to burn our homes and drive us into the sea. We have suffered much, and we have had enough. It is time to organise the defences of our nation, so that it, under the Lord, shall be led to greatness. Like He led Moses through the valley of darkness we will fear no ill with pillars of fire, pillars of fire will be what the infidel enemy encounters when he sees the Star of David flying on our tanks, flying alongside our men. May our bravery be legendary, and our determination worthy of epic stories. May our fighting be so exalted that the enemy shall flee at the very sight of our boys marching against them.

It will be long, it will be bloody. But I promise you that the Lord is on our side, and he shall guide us through this perilous time, like he led us out of Egypt and Babylon before, unto the plains for pasture. For the Lord, and our country, may we all be willing to put down our lives!

And now, to work. Firstly, I have two comissioned generals, I will need two more comissions at the moment. I have divided the fronts up as follows, for practical operational reasons more than anything. I want us to come to a concensus as far as grand strategy goes, as our resources are stretched, and thin.

Northern Front:
    GOLAN HEIGHTS: Metullah, Kajer Szold, Mishmar Yarden
    --OOB: 3 Kibutznick
    SOUTH LEBANON: Nahariyyah, Yehi'am, Haifa
    --OOB: 4 Hagana, 1 Irgun, 1 WWI Artillery, 1 Agent

Home Front:
    JORDAN LINE: Degania, Gesher, Beth-Shean
    --OOB: 3 Kibutznick
    COAST LINE: Haderah, Netanyah, Petach Tikva
    --OOB: 2 Hagana, 1 Irgun

South East Front:
    West Jerusalem, Kfar Etzion, Sedom
    --OOB: 3 Irgun, 1 Hagana, 1 Agent, 1 1870 Cannon, 2 Kibutznick

Sinai Front:
    Tel Aviv (until Jaffa is taken), Ashdod, Gevaram, Tekumah, Nevatim, Revivim, Eilat
    --OOB: 2 Irgun, 4 Hagana, 4 Kibutznick, 1 1870 Cannon

I think General Mikhoels wished for the Northern Front. I also had General Sadeh down for a command post.

Comment

I think that the Sinai front has too much responisbility.

I think it should be split into the Sinai front, and the Negev front, with the Sinai front being responsible for the battles in the coast, and the Negev front being responsible for securing the vast negev desert.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

or to be more precise, I think that the new Negev front should get the military defence of Sedom.

OOC: Israeli generals aren't religious loons. They're militaristic loons, that are more to the secular side.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

In negotiations with Centre, we have refined the "strategery" . It still includes building up defenses and linking expansion, but the following is an add-on of where we want to go first.

The following are a list of cities, both primary and secondary targets. How you capture the cities is up to you and your generals. Capturing any city outside the list requires 80% of the cabinet approving (or basically 4/5 cabinet members). Cabinet members for this vote are,

Prime Minister
          Defense Minister
          Econ Minister
          Immigration minister
          President

Primary:Tantura, Jaffa, Akko, Nazareth, Tiberias.
          Secondary: Safed, East Jerusalem, Gaza, Hebron and Beersheba.
          David Disraeli
          Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

How dare they put the Holiest City of All as a secondary objective! War is to important to be left to politicians!

My criterion to lump all those things into the Sinai Front is mostly lack of units. If I divide the fronts into too many, we have a problem where lack of units seriously hampers operability. When we have more units, I'll probably be splitting fronts up, but at the time being, I think that it would be counterproductive on our operational capabilities to split the Sinai into two fronts.

Let me fire up the scenario and look at those cities.

Comment

Primary objectives look alright, I'm particularly interested in opening up the road along the coast with the capture of Tantura and Akko primarily, Jaffa might be a tougher nut to crack without more artillery. As well as opening up the road to the Golan Heights through Tiberias. Nazareth as a solid secondary objective is alright as well, namely because opening up Tiberias will allow us to resupply the beleaguered settlements on the Jordan as well, of course much quicker through Nazareth.

I will need the Defence Minister as well as whoever's in charge of infrastructure and production to tell me what can built in short order, because we need artillery double quick.

Additionally, who's duty is it to control the zion workers? I think it was missed out in the 'rules' thread, and it's kind of 'up in the air'... can I allot them to front commanders for use as combat engineers?

Comment

I think Defense Minister has control, but obviously some will have to be given over to be combat engineers. I'll edit this post if I find otherwise.

And sorry for demoting Jerusalem, you may consider it an important secondary objective, as well as defending the West. But that city also has some defenses, so it might be best to try to lure Arabs out first anyway. And it wasn't as if we were going to capture it first turn.
                David Disraeli
                Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

I need MSN/ICQ/AIM (Hopefully they'll have ICQ or MSN) of the front commanders and of the cabinet, please.

Comment

PinkyGen18 on AIM.

Oh, and Defense Minister controls infrastructure. In fact, the job is more infrastructure related than "defense" related, but terms do not really matter.
                    Last edited by PinkyGen; October 14, 2003, 22:19.
                    David Disraeli

Comment

I would not mind the South-east Front. By the way, my AIM is msr532
                      Last edited by POTUS; October 16, 2003, 19:04.
                      Vote Democrat
                      Support Democracy

Comment

East Jerusalem is a secondary target simply because we currently do not have the resources to invade it and capture it. It's very difficult to capture and will the purchasing of American aircraft and Soviet tanks after the war begins. I'm the defence minister. You can be assured that Tel Aviv will be producing some WW1 artillery. One of those along with the Irgun and 1870 cannons there should help you pound Jaffa's defences to nothing and allow you to occupy it on turn 2.

Comment

I rarely if ever go online on ICQ. actually, I think I forgot my number, and code. just PM me.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

What's your email then? My PMs never worked.

Comment

Arthedain84@hotmail.com @ MSN
                              (eco minister)
                              "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                              It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Working...
                              X