Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mild Amusements Thread #47: The Misheard Lyrics Thread

You know you're an idiot when...

..well you knew you were an idiot anyway; but back to the point.

How about all those songs you thought you knew the lyrics to, and then found out you were mistaken.

"Scuse me while I kiss this guy." Jimi Hendrix (I never knew he was gay).

or

"It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll." - AC/DC

or

"No-one heard, not even the chair" - Neil Diamond. No wait, he actually sang that -

Any takers....
    Only feebs vote.

"And it feels like your promises are omelettes"
    - Filter, The Only Way (is the Wrong Way)

actual lyrics are "And it feels like your promises are all mine"

Also, what I heard when first listening to Blur - Song 2:
    Attached Files

Comment

"Dirty deeds and my thunder cheeks" - AC/DC
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

That gay ass song called "tiny dancer" (I don't know who sang it but it was played all the time on the radio two years ago). For the first week I thought he was saying "Tony Danza" instead of "Tiny Dancer"!

You can imagine how funny it was to hear him say "Come to me, Tony Danza. I love you, Tony Danza." over and over again.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Been checking out "Kissthisguy.com" Agathon? I think that was the website devoted to this, anyway.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Could you please include the original lyrics for those of us who dont listen to petty American music?!
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

i always though he said 'kiss this guy'

I thought it was a reference to some acid trip (the whole song was nayway).

Still, you can imagine my embarresment when i found out, cos once i had sang along with it infront of a mate.....
              eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                Been checking out "Kissthisguy.com" Agathon? I think that was the website devoted to this, anyway.

-Arrian
                No.

The Hendrix one everyone knows.

@ Oerdin
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

from "Loser" by Beck, I thought for quite some time that what he says isn't "Soy un perdedor", but, "So, open the door".

In the timeless techno classic ( ) Ride on time, I thought she was singing "Right on time" ....

But I guess noone listens to the lyrics anyway, in techno.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    That gay ass song called "tiny dancer" (I don't know who sang it but it was played all the time on the radio two years ago). For the first week I thought he was saying "Tony Danza" instead of "Tiny Dancer"!

You can imagine how funny it was to hear him say "Come to me, Tony Danza. I love you, Tony Danza." over and over again.
                    It was Elton John, whom I believe actually did have a thing for Tony Danza.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I always wondered what and why Sting was singing about "The King of Spain".
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

The Black Crows "Time says Papa".

Actually is "Twice as Hard". We still don't know how our friend got this.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

In Collective Soul's December, I always thought it was "Just took my son to a trip to Maine" when the real lyrics are "Just tilt your sun towards my domain".

And in Why (Pt. 2), I thought it was "Forgive me dear, for my missed erection" when it was "Forgive me dear, for my misdirection"...
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Yea, I always heard it this way too. Hold me close now Tony Danza. I've always had trouble understanding Elton John. National Lampoon made fun of this phenomena in the 1970s with a short letter to the editor:

Sirs,

Someone shaved my wife tonight.

Sugar Bear
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                            X