Problem with first pcx file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with first pcx file

I changed the colors of the base images in the first pcx file, but when I use the file in the game, the backgroud shows as a solid blue color. I'm certain I'm using the color pallette the game uses since I just edited an existing faction's base images. I'm also nearly certain that the background color is the same pink it should be. So why isn't it transparent in the game?
    If I post the image, could someone fix it?
    It's really Synthetic God... I guess I didn't notice my own typo.

After you've made your changes, you need to apply the SMAC palette before you save the edited file. Your graphics-editing program should have instructions how to make and use 256-color palette files (they are stored as .pal).
    Don't try to use MS Paint to edit pcx files. It does not support the format. JASC Paint Shop Pro does, as do several others.
    I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

I'm use Corle Photopaint. I'm pretty sure that it's using the correct SMAC color pallete, but I'll try what you said. I wouldn't be surprised if it worked.
      thanks
      It's really Synthetic God... I guess I didn't notice my own typo.

Comment

how do i enable the SMAC palette, its not listed on the palette menu (im using psp 8)

Comment

What I always do (no drawing program, except that .bmp one), is copying new graphics on an existing one. Works out fine.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

wot program u use

Comment

Originally posted by evil genius
              wot program u use
              Well, that one that is included in your windows OS. How is it called again, Paint?
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

yea thats wot i used and i had to use microsoft photo editor to convert it into .pcx format but it still comes up with the blue background behind the image in the game

Comment

Have you tried working in two steps?

First I open an original SMAC(X) faction, take a sample of the background color, then open the file where the new base graphics are in, and apply the original sample on the background there. that way you're sure it is right.
                  I know that it looks the same, but it changes somehow for when you're loading your new faction in the game.

I use the photo editor as well to load then the new base graphic .bmp file in and save it as a .pcx file.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

SMAC(X) faction?????????????

Comment

I mean the graphic file of a SMAC or SMACX faction

If it really doesn't work, send them to me, I look it over (after this weekend)
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

k, ill try n fix it meself but wots your e-mail just in case
                        ps. thanks i owe u one

Comment

Spellling !
                          SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

WTF

Comment

it's too big to post on the forum (or so it says) so give me your e-mail so i can send it to you

Comment

Working...
                              X