X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle Ages

Take a peek at the Middle Ages conquest

Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

The Black Death is somehow modeled!! I'm hoping there is some way to mod plagues into the regular game as well. Very cool.

The whole Holy Relic concept looks intriguing as well.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

This is my favorite Conquest of all. It should appeal to any warmonger out there.
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Yep, it does look very good indeed. I think I'm looking forward to this one most of all.
        Empire growing,
        Pleasures flowing,
        Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

I wonder if the wonder labled "The Doomsday Book" is just another name for "The Book of the Dead" (also known as "The Necronomicon")...also I'm wondering what the wonder gives to the civilzation that creates it.

The wonder's title gives me visions on being able to create legions of the undead.

Comment

The Domesday book was commissioned in December 1085 by William the Conqueror, who invaded England in 1066. The first draft was completed in August 1086 and contained records for 13,418 settlements in the English counties south of the rivers Ribble and Tees (the border with Scotland at the time).
            Seemingly Benign

Comment

Confused "Doomsday" with "Domesday"

Thanks for the background info WS!
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

It was commonly known as the Doomsday book.
                Seemingly Benign

Comment

Yes, because Domesday and Doomsday were actually the same word. It was a book of records, a census and survey of landowners and their property.
                  Empire growing,
                  Pleasures flowing,
                  Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Anyone see the "Holy Grail" screenshot? Why does it look like the Ark of the Covenant (Indian Jones style) ?? Are they getting their biblical mythology screwed up?

Edit: Pfft. Never mind. They use the same picture for all the Holy Relics. Guess that's a generic Holy Relic container.
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I think *all* of the relics look like that; the arks house the relics for transport to Jerusalem. :-p

It would look silly with some guy running with a cup, ala Olympic Torch style.
                      alisonblaire.com

Comment

Speaking of doomsday books and necromancy, am I the only one who misses the fantasy scenarios from Civ2?
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                          Speaking of doomsday books and necromancy, am I the only one who misses the fantasy scenarios from Civ2?
                          That's for the next expansion: Civ3 - Fantastic Worlds

Comment

Yeah, my guess is that fantastic scenarios will be soon to come. Civ2 had a historical scenario pack first also. Let's not start antisipating that yet though, this should satisfy us for a while.

Comment

not really, in Civ2 CiC you had fictional scenarios too, not just historical ones.
                              Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Working...
                              X