Seafaring and Militaristic
    I'd assume Vikings

Seafaring and Religous
    Portuguese?

Seafaring and Expansionist
    Spanish?

Seafaring and Industrious
    ?
    "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Industrious is probably Carthage (although I don't know why they were), Whether Spain or Portugal is Religious is debatable.
    Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Seafaring and Religous
      Portuguese?

Seafaring and Expansionist
      Spanish?

I would switch those around, personally.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Portuguese are confirmed being Seafaring Expansionistic.
        I'm actually pretty excited playing with them. With their special caravel (which doesn't sink in Oceans IIRC), they'll be the absolute gods of exploration

I wouldn't bet my money on the Spanish being Seafaring at all. But if they are Seafaring, they'll be obviously Seafaring Religious.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
          Portuguese are confirmed being Seafaring Expansionistic.
          I'm actually pretty excited playing with them. With their special caravel (which doesn't sink in Oceans IIRC), they'll be the absolute gods of exploration
          If what you say is true (ie, thePortuguese caravel being immune to ocean tile sinkings)...If I play an island-type map, I just might have to stop playing my beloved Iroquois and turn Portuguese! Though I would hate loosing the "religious" trait....

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

If this is true that supercaravel is very powerfull. It's too powerful if the Portugese get it at the same time as normal caravels. If it comes a little before galleons that would be okay.
            "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Well, here is what we know about the Carrack:

[Thunderfall] [Zidane] What kind of stat boost will the Portugese UU have over normal Caravels?
              [Merepatra_BA] [Zidane] What kind of stat boost will the Portugese UU have over normal Caravels? The Carracks stats are 2.2.3, cost of 40
              [Firaxis-Ed] Zidane- Increased attack and the ability to not sink in sea

[Thunderfall] [raen] Does carracks apppear with mapmaking?
              [Merepatra_BA] Carracks come with Astronomy
              [Thunderfall] [raen] cool, thats rigth with history
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

So its possible it will still sink in Ocean? It wouldn't be that game breaking.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                  So its possible it will still sink in Ocean? It wouldn't be that game breaking.
                  Well, the carrack replaces the caravel, that doesn't sink at sea already. Heck, when Carracks and Caravels get discovered, even the galleys don't sink at sea anymore. I'm guessing Firaxis-Ed just confused both words. "Not sinking in Sea" is not an advantage for a caravel UU.

Besides, the other naval UUs are quite beefed up (Man'o War now enslave, Dromon has lethal sea bombardment and packs a huge punch in comparison to galleys), so the Portuguese UU would be terrible if it continued to sink at Oceans.

Comment

Here's the answer about Carracks:

quote:
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally posted by aaglo
                    Portuguese:
                    Since caravel does not sink in sea, what would you say about Ed saying that Carrack does not sink in the sea...

can you find a small mistake there
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Merepatra

Yes, Carracks advantage is that they don't sink in Ocean either.

Comment

So, the Carrack is really a killer

3+1 moves, no risk of sinking, increased attack... Just imagine how it looks like if you have the lightouse as well. You have an equivalent of any industrial/modern ship (speed wise) as soon as astronomy is discovered

I think I'll really enjoy having my palace in Lisboa in the future

Comment

Has it been confirmed that all the trait combinations will be in the game?
                        You saw what you wanted
                        You took what you saw
                        We know how you did it
                        Your method equals wipe out

Comment

I am very happy Portuguese finally in the game
                          But as english say(I think) "last but not the least"

They could be commercial, religious or expansionist. So expansionist is fine

Just to clarify, carrack is not a type of caravel. I only hope they are talking about a Nau (real unique unit of the Portuguese) and not Carraca (a boat from same type but not the same)

Brazilian Civilization Avaiable Here By Civ3 Brasil

Comment

Well I presume some of the original civs will be getting reallocated too...so I would suspect that Scandinavians, English and Japanese could be seafaring as well...
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by raen1978
                              Just to clarify, carrack is not a type of caravel. I only hope they are talking about a Nau (real unique unit of the Portuguese) and not Carraca (a boat from same type but not the same)
                              I think the Portuguese will simply build Carracks instead of Caravels. I don't think it necessarily means a Carrack is a Caravel.

Comment

Working...
                              X