Chief of Staff's Apply Here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief of Staff's Apply Here.

Coalition negotiations are going well with Centre, and I believe we will have a Government very soon, I just need to hear back on one issue. However, I will be out of town Friday-Tuesday, so at the risk of jumping the gun, I want to start looking for a Chief of Staff now.

All applicants should apply here, and additionally, people can be "suggested."

I want to keep the post non-political, but the General should be willing to agree with the following concepts.

1. Support offensive action so all of our cities will be linked together, and not be seperated by Arab territory.
    We need to relieve some of our far off settlements. While we should not defend these places at all costs, we should make attempts to open road routes so we can send reinforcements. Additionally, some of our larger towns in the Galilee are cut off by Arab towns.
    2. Be willing to expand our defensive perimeter.
    3. Maintain our control of West Jerusalem, and have a plan to allow access to the holy Old City once more by capture of East Jerusalem.
    4. In addition to the above 3 reasons to capture Arab cities, be willing to capture or bribe Arab cities for the purposes of using their infrastructure to aid our economy and production.
    5. Be mindful that in 5-6 turns, the British leave, and we must be prepared to resist the full fury of the Arab attack.

Obviously, this will involve coordinating with front commander, but the Chief of Staff will select front commanders, but be amendable to suggestions from above. (For example, Yaroslav has already told me he wants the Syrian front, and other people have expressed interest in the military as well).

Also note that I have left "specific" military operations out of it, I only set guidelines. You are in charge of the specifics, along with front commanders. (And believe me, we got in a fight in Red Front over this).

Any takers, or do I have to go out and draft people?
    David Disraeli
    Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Pinkygen:

I accept the terms so long as I be permitted to expand only through bribery, as per the Harmony paper.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Aren't you in the knesset if Htower's not coming back? No knesset member may be in the military.
      David Disraeli
      Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

I'd like a front somewhere if possible.
        Last edited by Dr. Nick; October 9, 2003, 13:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
          Pinkygen:

I accept the terms so long as I be permitted to expand only through bribery, as per the Harmony paper.
          I dont believe there is negotiation on this issue.

The Military is under the control of the Civilian Governemnt.

You have to proceed along with the Governements Grand Plan, not take off on tangents that satisfy your own agenda.
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Then there will be no Harmony Party support. But believe me, we will be so tough in the opposition you'd wish you'd not been voted.
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
              Then there will be no Harmony Party support. But believe me, we will be so tough in the opposition you'd wish you'd not been voted.
              Well thats your option but again, the military is under the control of the civilian governement

Once you are in the military you have to essentially "lose" your politics and follow your Commander in Cheif who in this case is the PM who gives his marching orders to Cheif Of Staff who uses his military skill to satisfy the civilian poltical agenda.

War is nothing more than politics by other means.
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Fair enough, I withdraw my application.

As the president of the Harmony party, I get the seat in the Knesset.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

As a member of the center party, I'd like to ask you who the hell did give you the agreement to "expand our defensive perimeter", i.e. to capture palestinian territory, which isn't defined as crucial to territorial continuity?

In any case, I waiting for the position of the either the Lebanonese, or the South-Eastern Fronts.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                    As a member of the center party, I'd like to ask you who the hell did give you the agreement to "expand our defensive perimeter", i.e. to capture palestinian territory, which isn't defined as crucial to territorial continuity?

In any case, I waiting for the position of the either the Lebanonese, or the South-Eastern Fronts.
                    First of all I would strongly suggest you remain more civil than normal for the near future.

This forum is on "thin Ice" with Ming.

I personally dont take offense to much (other than cheaters)
                    but I dont think we need to get threads closed and zapped because someone doesn't think we are getting along.

Now to answer the question, I believe this is the One Israel Platform. Pinky had to get soemthing up today to get this moving. If this is an issue with our coalition party partner (Center) then we need to hear from the Party Head aboiut it. Nothing personnal but you are not the head of the party.

Now we have not been able to contact your party head for the past 36 hours at a crucuial time in negotiations.

I understand that RL can get in the way BUT if your party head cant be around much then maybe he needs to appoint someone who can speak for him or step down as the head of the party.

Thats a long answer but the short one is. This has to worked out by both parties. I am authorized to speak for One Israel. If you have an issue you need to talk to Emu or get authorization to speak for your poarty in negotiating the new governemnt and the direction fo that governemnt which I believe will be a comprimise somehwhere between the two.

Comment

To all

It may appear that I have just contradicted myself.

Let me explain. The Commanders Guidance or PM's guidance above is the One Israel platform more or less.

It may change a bit to accomadate the needs of Center, but it probably wont drastically change. (Thats why we are coalitioning with Center )

With that being said the first post may change a bit. But what will not change is the Cheif of Staffs relationship to it.

The Cheif of Staff executes the PM's political agenda, period.

If you want to play politics get into Knesset or get appointed to be a minister

If you want to fight join the army.

But once you are in the army your strategic direction is set by the CIVILIAN governement. So it doesn';t matter what you want to do politically.

Your mission in the military is to do what you need to do operationally and tactically to satisfy the Civilian governements strategic goals.

OK hopefully everyone got that.

If you have more questions on chain of command and who does what in that chain we better satart another thread. Im probably the best resource we have there since I do have some experience in this in RL. (And in that capacity of helping to clarify this Ill take off my One Israel hat and just be me! )
                      Last edited by conmcb25; October 9, 2003, 16:03.

Comment

Ok, I'll apply. As long as this isn't a one-man-band thing.

Comment

I am sorry if it sounded as if I am angry or something. It wasn't my intention.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                            I am sorry if it sounded as if I am angry or something. It wasn't my intention.
                            I know, I really do!

I just dont want the long arm of the law coming down on us again thats all. (Lord knows we DONT need more of that! )
                            Last edited by conmcb25; October 9, 2003, 16:12.

Comment

Originally posted by El Awrence
                              Ok, I'll apply. As long as this isn't a one-man-band thing.
                              Nope, your job will be to take the startegic direction and implement it thru the front commanders on an operational and tactical level.

And you will start and finish the turn.

OK we will let this go for awhile and see if anyone else pops in.

Jeez Im getting slack, I almost forgot:

have a nice day

Comment

Working...
                              X